You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Friday, February 10, 2012
Caught 19 year old playing with a fire truck, again.
This is a photo from September. The fire truck he is playing with, is from Georgia, and he flew back east on Thursday morning to pick the truck up and drive it back to New Mexico!
Thursday, February 9, 2012
This is one of the posts I wrote last February, dated February 9, 2011.
I love your freckles and select all things with freckles to surround me~even farm animals.
I love remembering how you would read to us when we were kids.
I love you for your children who have made my life a goofy, fun filled life as they are, as you are~ and as I am. Thanks to all and to the ones that were of the yours~ mine~ and ours, that became a part of us all...Caroline, Cathy, David, Liz, John, Pete, and Anna...
Thank you for giving your all~even when you had to do so alone as Dad died so young.
I love you forever...
I love you always.
Thank you so much for life, as I have had an incredible one because of you. My next words of thanks are from Bill and the children who, because of you~ have life and have me in their lives. Oh I love you and pray you have a chance at least to hear these words. All is well and home is not here but with Him, and He is waiting for His faithful servants.
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
As I write this, I wish to say, if I had a Maytag, I would most certainly call you. But my dryer, when it breaks, requires a footstool and well, a rope. I have opted to use what I call my height equalizer~which is Bill. So my repairman is not here until later this afternoon, but I am not worried, nor will my finances take a hit. Oh and that lovely sunshiney fresh smell that comes with my dryer-has withstood the break!
So dear repairman, I appreciate your loyalty to your products, I pray this post finds you well and I thank you so much for allowing the competition a corner in the market. For that the Double Nickel Solar Dryer Company thanks you as well.
Jennifer-CEO of clothes care, wear and maintenance.
Monday, February 6, 2012
Draft from 2/19/08
Title: Tuesday Thoughts
Reason I never posted this? I suppose I didn't want Bill to laugh out loud when I ended up coming to the door in sweats! No actually, I am not sure why I didn't publish this. I love dating my Bill. I love welcoming him when he arrives home. I love hearing of his day, hugging him, and sharing my day.
I pray I always date my sweetheart.
Draft from 4/03/08
Title: Hot in the Greenhouse
As I continue this path of becoming self sufficient I am often deep in thought about the Lord. Funny, how this life as tough, and physically demanding that it is, constantly allows me to reflect on my destination.
The greenhouse is of course warm...I have this thermometer in there to keep track...and as you can see we are maxing out in mid day! This is exciting, and I water 3 times a day, my little seeds soon to be desert gardens. But as I looked at the thermometer I thought of death. Not grim, but that we all will die, and we all will have eternal life: but some will be hot and some will be in worship.
I wish when I wrote hot that it was just uncomfortable, and like I could step out of the heat that those who go to hell could get a reprieve, BUT IT IS NOT THE CASE. Hell is real, and it will be filled with torment, just as we read in the Word. I am deeply troubled with this big push that God is a loving God, so therefore we all are going to heaven. Talk about sad. God is loving, and that is why He sent His Son. That is the ultimate gift. God cannot be around sin, therefore, without Christ washing away our sins, we cannot be in His presence.
God is love and man must not change what this means to fit into his definitions of living.
Reason I never posted this? I am not sure. Sometimes I wonder. We totally accept getting pulled over by the police for speeding. In fact, most of us do not dispute the citation because we acknowledge that we were speeding. I wonder why many that profess to know God, do not understand that He is a loving God. That is why He sent His Son to die for our sins. But He made the rules, and no matter how much we try and rewrite His Holy Word, we cannot. Loving us in no measure means we can or should think that we can do something new that was an abomination in His word. We should know that we can through Christ be strengthened to overcome any sin(Phil 4:13), but we should never justify our sin, suggesting His word did not mean what it meant.
Draft from 1/13/09
I was zipping through my drafts this morning and realized that I have 113 unpublished post in draft form. Wow, I have lots of thoughts that just don't make the published status once I finish my thoughts. I began to read some of the drafts and realized that they are too
Reason for not posting ? Could it be I was worried about what anyone would think? I wonder what I realized about them? They were too~what? Too boring? Too long? Too crazy? Darn, we will never know what Jennifer of 2009 thought!
Draft from 1/08/09
Why be different? Isn't life easier when we all are the same and blah blah blah. Of cou
Reason for not posting? Well clearly I was on some sort of a rant...kind of wish I would have finished this post!
Draft from 12/16/08
Title: Simple Life
Simple sounds: I love the sound that the flag makes in the wind.
Simple gardening: dirt+ garlic bulbs+ water= green!
Have a wonderful day!
Reason for not posting? I am not sure. Maybe something else came up. Maybe I posted it with more simple thoughts.
Well that is it for the day. For the record, I now have 413 drafts waiting for publishing or deleting. I suppose I will leave them where they are and every now and then bring some to light.
Have a wonderful week!
Sunday, February 5, 2012
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Philippians 4:8
Saturday, February 4, 2012
- I slipped on ice and twisted my ankle. Oh and yes, we have ice, up in the mountains. I took Fourth ice skating with her friends in Cloudcroft, NM, when I slipped getting out of the truck. This could possibly happen, but this did not happen!
- I had food poisoning~I had a corn dog from Sonic...with green chili. I am not sure I am giving up Sonic but perhaps corn dogs! I am not a fast food restaurant fan so no~this did not happen to me. The first year we were in New Mexico, this did happen to my Bill, poor guy!
- I let Rose the Hen take me on a joy ride and we were picked up by the law! Now Rose and I are the farm criminals. She is used to dressing in black and white stripes, I am not. This would have been fun, as she can reach the gas pedals easier than I can, but no, this did not happen.
- I misunderstood the mirror when it said objects are closer than they appear. So this one received a clever comment from one of my sisters~she wondered if I was tall enough to see the mirror~ haha!!
- A ram let me know why he is called a ram, and am very sore, although pleased I was thrown several feet and for a few moments was impressed, until ground and I joined! Sadly-this is one of the reasons. I let my guard down, forgetting that a ram is a ram because he rams. One must never forget that in life, some things are dangerous. Both my hips hurt as well as getting up and down.
- I was flying back east and TSA screeners scared me-my own fault, I am not a fan of flying and I had a wig-out moment, and was escorted out of the El Paso International Airport. Since all of my kids are nearby, I am not likely to fly anywhere. I do not like to fly...and with TSA-and escort would have ended up to the back seat of a patrol car, so this did not happen.
- I am 5 months pregnant! I know, with my youngest being 16, we waited a good amount of time to ensure all was going well, before announcing the news. Oh I smiled when I typed this one. Bill and I hoped to have 8 children so this would be exciting, but no, I am not pregnant~but this would have been a neat thing to share!
- We are in the midst of a construction project and no matter much I pretend I am okay with such disorder, but truth be told, I am not! I shared the tile a few posts ago. The boys have been staggering when they come home and so we are removing flooring and firming up flooring to lay tile. The kitchen is completely chaotic- and I know the end result will be amazing~but for now~ I am in the midst of construction chaos!
- I have a job! Me! The eternal housewife has actually found work outside the home, and I LOVE IT! My life and work is at home. I truly am blessed that I can work at home and take care of my home full time. It has been a blessing, and perhaps someday I may volunteer somewhere, but if Bill and I are blessed to have more years together, I will be the one on the home front, and he will be the one ensure our financial needs are met. So no, this is not the reason.
- My oldest eloped and we have been planning a wedding reception as well as time to get to know his wife! I smiled typing this one! I do look forward to weddings and receptions as marriage has been so wonderful for me, but this is not the reason. For the record, I would be tickled to death to hear of this from him~
Gayle guessed spot on, with 5 and 8!!! Woohoo! Yay Gayle!!
Glenn was correct with his guess of 8.
My sister almost had it, then changed it so she ended up with 8 correct.
Sassy was correct part guessing 8!
Musemater was correct with 8 and made me smile with her hedging her guesses!
Thank you all for playing along. Sometimes it is fun to make light of situations that are out of our control. I like to enjoy the best of the day and work through parts that are imperfect.
Friday, February 3, 2012
First gather the ingredients. Ignore that I forgot to add the bay leaf or olive oil in photo~
For a small batch:
1 can tomato sauce 8 oz.(250 mls) (this is not the condiment put on hamburgers or hotdogs but this)*
1/2 of a mid size onion cut into thin strips.
1-2 bay leaves depending on size(yes I embellished the reality of my photo)
1-2 garlic cloves
1 cup rice (250 mls)
2 cups water(500 mls)
olive oil a tablespoon or so(15 mls)
* in some countries, what Americans refer to as ketchup is called tomato sauce. As the farm has readers from around the globe I thought I would share this.