- We never totally appreciate everything that we have.
- Debate used to be something that we engaged in to permit all voices to be heard. Now debate cannot exist.
- Hollywood can show all kinds of vile behavior and we will pay for a ticket and then later buy the DVD.
- Sex has taken over our public schools(and not by the teens anymore) we have an incredibly movement that is pushing an agenda to our youngest...and we sit back afraid to be called a homophobe. This one always shocks me the most, because if this campaign of heterosexual awareness was pushed in the public setting and to our children all the way down to kindergartners, there would be an outcry like no other. Yet the word fisting, which I will not explain here, has been part of what is taught to children in public schools-Standing for age appropriate behavior means nothing anymore-else one may be thought to be a hate criminal. Oh and for the record we do not have a campaign about bestiality- should we? I mean there are most certainly children out there that are attracted to their pets. Perhaps we could promote literature and curricula that graphically explains just how things work for this to work. You know what else? Some people are sexually attracted to dead people- why are we not teaching the youngsters this either?Why can't we teach the children how to wife swap, gang rape, or understand that in prison sex with someone of the same sex does not make you gay. You know why? Because these are still(ever so slightly) considered abhorrent behaviors, so we mustn't share them with the wee ones.
- We needed to have a beer summit at the White House because a police officer had to deal with a belligerent old man(who happened to be black) and the President(who desires we never jump to conclusions) immediately cried race?
- When will Fort Hood be given a beer summit?
- When will the folks who were on the Christmas day flight be given a beer summit?
- The answers to 6 and 7 will never be given and I will be treated like a moron, because can't you see that the President is black? Oops I am now a racist. Sorry Americans- I saw a man who boldly held his hands down every time the national anthem was played. I saw and heard a husband and wife speak ill of a country that gave them elite educations, high paying jobs, and the freedom that allowed them to campaign for the position of president of the United States. Yes, I saw a fairly good looking man that was black, first, but that did not influence my attitude for his beliefs. He told us all along the trail that the America that millions risk all to move to, is not really a great place. He told us that he would fundamentally change the United States. That is who I saw and I was troubled.
- Helping the banks did not help us, as they took the money and then increased all of our rates...
- Helping the housing crisis also did not work. This next quarter is going to be pretty darn bad ...
- Bailing out those TOO BIG to fail only means when these too big to fail businesses really collapse- we will be underneath them...can you say OUCH?
- War on Terror does not exist anymore, and to prove this, the panty bomber- has been mirandized and will be afforded the very same rights as any American. Come on...this war thing is so hostile...especially when our genius government officials have discovered the truth- The REAL THREAT TO AMERICA simple, God fearing folks, who have worn the uniform, own weapons, and salute the American flag(hint- that is you and me).
- When we failed to drill in ANWR we placed the final nail in the coffin of inexpensive fuel. Remember $4 and $5 gas? It never came back down to the before prices and guess what? We took it---therefore OPEC needn't ever lower the price again. They own us, because we will not use what we have.
- Oh and for all you earth friendly climate what nots- this will be very blunt: I appreciate that you have a great urgency to be proactive in a cause...but you focus was flawed. Your wallet wasn't and boy the Al Gore's of the world appreciate your riding a bicycle everywhere while they own private jets- and enjoy the tofu(Al still can't seem to give up meat) but your cause is noble, oops I meant for the new nobility, as you and your cause have created a billion dollar boom for them. Would you like to hear about a real cause that would save so much more? How about saving your marriage- devote as much time to your marriage as you have been devoting to sorting your trash, locating organic materials etc. I bet that you would be amazed at the relationship you could really have. Or focus on your children(or parents). I bet raising them instead of placing them on a pedestal would drastically change much of our problems with the youth and their complete narcissistic attitudes that they have.---By the way it was NOT the leaked emails that left me with this opinion. Let's focus on something plain and simple. How old has science said the earth is? 4 something billion years old- yet man in one century(mostly on one continent-America) is destroying the planet? Here is a novel idea- research how much data one needs to compile a cycle. Then imagine a teeeeeeeny tiny blip, as that is what the past 6000 years are on the scientific age of the earth. This cannot be science based on what they have determined the science to be.
- 2010 should be a powerful year for Americans. We should begin something that would cause fear in the political class. We should- no matter what- vote out every member of Congress. They are not doing what the people wish and haven't for many, many years. So let's make the term they are in now the last term. Then push for an overhaul such as we have now with the term limits of the president. But Senators have six years...ONE TERM. Representatives can have two terms...NO MORE. You see then the lobby whores would not have the same ability as they have now to sway votes and trillions of dollars. Enough is enough.
- 2010 should be a powerful year for you. It is the time to stop the mollycoddling. It is time to stop the whining and instead step up and be part of the solution. If we don't like what is going on in government fix it.
- 2010 should be the year that we stop spending money we don't have. If we can't pay our debt, we should eliminate our toys until we can pay our debt. This should be the year of rice and beans. Until we are debt free if we just reduced our food expenses to the most basic we would see a change in our body and in our debt. Approximately 40% of all the food you have in your fridge will go in the garbage...so cut this waste out now.
- 2010 should be the year we stop making Hollywood wealthy. I say turn in the cable boxes or satellite dishes and pick up a book- I say start with two books- the Bible and the Constitution. Both are incredible reads. Both offer freedom: one from hell, and the other because here on earth because of what is outlined in the Constitution. Both offer hope- but neither have been read in so long that here today in conversation many would not be able to join.
- 2010 should be the year we begin to take responsibility once again.
- 2010 should be the year that we say NO MORE.
You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
When I was a girl bra commercials were new, and the woman(older and well not too attractive) wore a turtleneck shirt under the bra. This was scandalous, but the people tolerated this commercial and now we have commercials that are about increasing sexual feelings, skimpily dressed people advertising everything from cars to vacation destinations.
You see we slowly have been cooking and did not realize that we were even in a pot. This works for frogs, and is working well for us.
How is it acceptable that we have allowed sexual enhancement commercials into our homes? How is it acceptable that we have allowed commercials that increase a woman's "moment?"
Are we too afraid?
Did you pause for a moment and think that I am pathetic?
Children watch TV.
We have allowed those who could care a less about anything but $$$ enter our homes and break down our morals.
Commercials enter our home with soft-porn, sexual disease, alcohol glamorization, the need for men to enlarge themselves, the need for men to "be ready" when the moment is right and with actors and actresses willing to wear as little clothing as possible to be employed.
Oh commercials are what the inner city drug dealer has- a corner on a specific market. We are the addicts- we don't slink over to the dealer, but relax in our home, all the while allowing poison to enter our homes, just for the "fix" of people lying to us(translation- actors and actresses- acting). We are addicted because Hollywood has perfected lying so well- that we believe it.
The times we are living in have been rapidly changing.
We have tolerated the undressing of our society in ever level of life. Women wear shirts that are see through, to high, revealing, or unbuttoned to the navel. No one complained, because- hey she is allowed to wear what she wants. Plus no one wants to be a prude and mention that it makes them uncomfortable to see a woman's breasts- daily, everywhere- old breasts, young breasts, makes no mind to the one who is sharing with us a portion of her birthday suit.
Are we afraid to conceal parts of the body?
Children are exposed to all this-sexual awareness for ones that are not physically mature yet. Why then is this okay? Are we prepping children to be open and more free with their sexuality?
Are we really okay with this?
You see the now next step has happened...and because we have slowly been cooking(or should I say lowering our standards). We have accepted every step of the way, and for fear of being perceived as a goody-goody. We looked the other way at first, then were a bit nervous when exposed to the reductions of our morals...and soon we had forgotten why we were bothered.
Aren't we so progressive as a society? Vegas may be first but this is coming to every city:
It's akin to a small U-Haul truck but with Plexiglas surrounding the brightly lit cargo area instead of walls. In the middle is a gleaming stripper pole. Swinging around the pole is a scantily clad young woman. Two of her fellow strippers are in the back of the truck too, awaiting their turns.
Mobile Strip Clubs. Wow- aren't we so grown up? No longer are children and teens left clueless as to what occurs in a strip club.
For the past 60 plus years our schools have been telling us that we evolved from animals. As I live on a farm I will tell you what has happened. We as a society have gotten the message loud and clear. We rut everywhere, not because of a connection to the other person, but because we are equipped to engage in sex. This is how our buck behaves(male goat). He sees the doe(female goat) and rushes over and mounts her. This is how our roosters act. He sees a hen and rushes over and mounts her. Neither the goat or the rooster hangs around, but rushes off to the next "session."
Matthew 24: 37(KJV)But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
40Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
41Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
42Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
43But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
45Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
46Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
47Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
48But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
49And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
50The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
51And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
(This is how the days of Noah were-Genesis 6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually).