While in my reflective or pensive mood, I thought I'd share two photos that I took this morning.
The sheep pen back in use. In rear is the slide(click here to see it in use).
The middle right is my shabby sheik transformation for the sheepie sheepie!
It was an old bench, and we needed to make a trough for the hay and viola!
The heart bench was re-purposed. I think 4 ewes need a girlie touch~don't you?
They are tied with rattlesnakes as one of the worst things that we experience
while living in the scrub desert close to the southern border.
The thorn in the center is a bit longer than my pinkie finger.
Okay, all I have been thinking about since I wrote tied with rattlesnakes
is a list of worst things since we moved here.
Let's see-be sure to read all the way to the end...
Worst Things List:
- Rattlesnakes-oh my how I am always in a keep an eye out for rattlesnake mode. I know I drove the kids crazy~EvErY single time they went outside, whether to do chores or walking to the vehicle, or playing~because I said watch for snakes.
- Thorns-hmm. My feet have been punctured MaNy times. One night when out checking the sheep with Fourth, I remember the pain of the stepping on a thorn, then quickly a wet feeling as my shoe filled with blood. I have scars on my arms from a Mesquite branch slapping my arm as I walked by. I know, I know~they don't slap~ they attack full assault!
- Flooding-The flash flooding (for this former back east girl) is shocking still. Fortunately it dries quickly.
- Tarantulas. This is my last worst thing. All of these bad things although bad aren't as they remind me that good exists and if I have good, why can't I have bad?
I share the verse from Job because life and experiences of life can be found in His Holy Word and those verses are very much applicable to all we experience today. With that here is my best things list.
Best Things List:
- The Bible-Salvation-Truth.
- The kids, their loves.
- The grandbabies.
- My mountain views~The farm.