"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Tuesday Thoughts

I think I am going to write this as a bullet post to be different this Tuesday.
  • I have a great bloggity friend.  Seriously.  We have never met but from the beginning of my blogging I have known him.  I owe him an email but am composing it in my head and so I will post here first.  Glenn, your post humbled both Bill and I.  I am rarely at a loss for words.  In fact, some people have called me a fast talker~lol.  But this time, I am slow to speak, and deeply moved by your post.  Please stay tuned.
  • I had lovely hanging flower baskets  off the front porch.  That is until a pigeon began to nest there.  One thing I have learned (of literally thousands of things), since moving to the farm, is that we live here with the critters.  Some we have raised here, others dwell here because it is their home.  Perhaps the water troughs about the property brought them here, or the feed tossed to the critters, or maybe, just maybe they have been here forever.  It is not for me to disrupt their lives if I can help it.  For those that think I am a softie or whatnot, you are right. I believe that the critters that live within the borders of the Double Nickel are under Bill and I and deserve the best most respectful treatment possible.  For the record~even the snakes deserve this which is why if they do not breach the areas that are animal/people places on the farm, they are free to be. Here is a post that shares the cold hard truth about snakes~and me.  By the way, I am going to post a separate post about the little pigeon chick that hatched, as I thought he was a goner with the dogs, but he is back!!
  • I hate divorce.  It is not just the couple that endure a divorce but the family, friends and children as well. Another thing I absolutely cannot stand is the peers of those divorcing.  They champion the one going through the divorce building up what a loser the spouse was, and how much better things will be now that they are apart. I find a better idea is for those going through a divorce to pick people older than themselves as mentors to either walk them through the divorce or walk the couple through counseling.  I am not suggesting that one should remain in an abusive marriage, but our friends often tell us what we already believe or what we want to hear. The friends are also not in the home with the children when the children are dealing with the loss of the family. Perhaps another day I will post completely on divorce but I will use God's Word not my own opinion. 
  • The county fair is right around the corner.  I am slowly but surely putting together my entries~as I am a county fair junkie.  I am also preparing for two things we have never done.  We are going to have a booth at the fair this year, as well as a float in the parade.  We also will have a campaign truck once again, but the float~well this is totally new.  I have my drawings of how I want it to look. I can't wait to build it! Okay this is for Bill~what I mean, is I can't wait for you to build it :)!!
  • I have been on a reading binge. Boy oh boy I have been reading so much. I have stacks of books by my bed.  I think when I close the last one from this new group of thrift store book finds I will take a break!
  • Definitely not my deepest post on deep thoughts but the post is about things I have had thoughts on. Seems like I have more, but to be honest I am thinking about other things and need to get moving on them! Have a great day and here is a bonus photo to wrap up the post today:
An oldie but a goodie.
My Fourth with Bill's mom in front of our Jeep...

No comments: