"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Friday, July 21, 2017

The past several weeks have

been a bit rough for people close to Bill and I.  My precious Fourth ended up with an infection that left her with a temperature for several days following.  One of my son's mother-in-laws had a massive heart attack last Thursday.

Both of these health scares kept me in prayer and away from home for several days and nights.

My daughter is doing well now.

The mother of one of my precious daughters(in-law) is also doing well, although she has a slow, steady course for recovery.

It is hard in the moment to stop and ask for prayers.  In fact, it is hard when one has a moment to think to share the emotions as it may be too raw.  What I have reminded myself during these past weeks is something simple.  If you feel pressed to pray for someone, stop and pray for them.  You need not know the reasons why.

Thanks to those that have been praying: now I am adding specific prayer requests, one for my Fourth and one for a woman that I share a grandchild with.

2 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

So, so sorry about those scares. Much prayer coming your way.

Anonymous said...

You and your have been in my thoughts lately. Maybe this is why. Adding my prayers.
LizinNY