"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Something to think about

as you go about your day.  I recently saved a photo that was of a receipt from May 9, 2017.

I saved it from someone on Face*book, and to be honest cannot remember who posted it.  I am going to write about it here because this is my personal space to share my thoughts. 

Now all of my adult life I have been pro law enforcement.  I know many have opinions that aren't the same as mine and may even have stories to back up their opinions.  My opinion is based on my experience with my husband and family connected to the badge. 

Our country is at a point where hate seems to speak louder than love.  When we hate we stand and SCREAM from every corner, even if our hate may be stirred by false reports, the media, or even high ranking politicians who do not wait for facts but escalate emotions. 

I do not support this.  In spite of others, we must be the person that we are. Our character must remain intact.

When another tells us something we disagree with, we need not lower our standards.

That is what happened when this person did not tip the waitress.  They based their tip on her opinions and not the service.

They acted upon hate instead of love.  Now I am not some hippy singing person that thinks we all are going to be loving and kind.  Even Jesus turned over tables in the Temple.  But not liking cops is an opinion and based on the evidence-the receipt, that was the server's only flaw. 

I am so against this and how the waitress was treated.  I wish we could find this waitress and correct this action.  We don't even know who did this...or if it was done by one behind the badge.  But what we do know is this, times are quite different than they have ever been.  Social media seems to encourage negative treatment much more quickly than positive treatment.

I challenge everyone to stand to be a better person than even you think you are.  Rise to your potential instead of lowering to the gutter.

And with that, I will carefully step down off my soap box  and get back to my day job of being Gigi to a cutie pie that is currently playing in a box instead of the toy that came in the box!

No comments: