"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

June is the birthday month on the farm

for four of 10 members of the family.  Now that the kids are now adults we do things differently.  Bill and I have a theme each year and the first member of the year to have a birthday is First's sweetie and from her to the end of the year everyone has the same type of birthday.

It doesn't change that in my brain I still see my kids as wee ones and they have my heart and it smiles so much.  But I am content that the usual birthday meal I have made for First for about 25 of his 28 birthdays was made by his amazing wife this year.  

On to the Birthday group posting~
Dear First, Happy Birthday my handsome sweetie pie.  Dad and I love you and are so glad that you are doing the things you are doing.  You changed our lives all those years ago and gave us our new names of Dad and Mom.  Thank you.

Dear Second, Happy Birthday to my handsome cutie petootie.  Dad and I weren't even sure we would ever be able to have another child after First and then surprise you joined the family!!  You changed Dad's and my name to Papa and Gigi with your lovely sweet little G1.  He makes me tear up with how much he has my heart. Thank you.

Dear GI, Happy 2nd birthday to you our firsty grandbaby!!! You are such a light in the family and you make us all happy.  The first time you said Papa and then Gigi you gained something you don't even realize, as we would do anything for you~even at our ancient ages!

And finally, the last birthday for the month of June is the writer of this post.  I am hitting a big milestone according to the world.  I suppose it is a big milestone but for me it is simply another day that I can have some pumpkin pie with cool whip. 

What unites the four of us is something that is pretty neat.  We all have something that makes us first.  Our First...was the first baby.  Our Second gave us the first grandbaby.  Our G1 is the first grandbaby and I am the first one that was born in the entire Double Nickel Farm family as I am the oldest~even older than my Bill.  Well not by much but in the eyes of the youth it is enough to make me seem like I have a foot in the grave.  For the remaining Farm Family~as we are all so competitive I am certain you can rebut this post with some first's of your own, and I expect to hear about them soon.  For Third, I expect in your next letter after I send you this post, for you to send me a response~

Challenge on and ps...I love each and every one of you more than I can even put to words.

Happy Birthday to the Four!!

Bonus Photo: BedHead Fashion Show:
Bill, Second and I did a really simple birthday this morning for G1, we will be celebrating the birthday with the family soon, but today we sang and gave him cake for breakfast and gave him his little riding rocket car.  But the prize photo of the morning was when he wanted to wear Papa's work socks rolled up a bit so they fit.  He loves to copy Papa in the morning, by shaving, brushing his teeth and putting on the socks...

ps...to my little sister who also shares a June birthday~for June each year you are a member of the Farm family. Love you and will never forget how much better life has been since you were born.

2 comments:

Glenn B said...

Happy birthday to the four of you. What milestone have you hit, is life finally beginning for you at 40?

All the best,
Glenn B

Humble wife said...

Aww Glenn, although to be 40 with a 28 year old is possible it is not that milestone I am crossing...as that milestone went by the wayside a decade ago :).

Thanks so much for your wishes!