"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

It has almost been ten years Part 1

since we moved to the farm.  I was thinking about this last night and I thought I would share some of the things that have happened in the past decade.

First  the reason we named the farm the Double Nickel: It seems like a lifetime  ago
Be sure to read both of these as it explains why we began the journey that placed us on the Double Nickel:
     Before President Obama Part 1
     Before President Obama Part 2

Bill's and my story from an anniversary post: Happy Belated Anniversary.

Bill and I on our wedding day:

Bill and I on the first day of 2017

About the goof troop...they are all grown.
I homeschooled them all.

Here is one of the earliest group photos after Fourth was out of NICU. 
 Here is a photo from 2 weeks ago.
l-r Second, Fourth holding G2, Second's wife, Second, First's wife holding G1, and First.
 
The kids all live and work in the area we moved and now call home.  To keep things as real as possible I must say that my kids take after Bill and are either first responders or connected to that field~either in the legal sector/ or the detention sector. 

Grandbubbies: The family keeps expanding.  We became grandparents in 2015...twice! 
G1 born in June

G2 born in October
Crazy thing about having the two grandsons 4 months apart is that their daddy's are 9 months 10 days apart!

We will be adding to grandbaby files by late August early September 2017.  The votes are 50/50 for whether it is boy or girl.  I am making an official declaration on the blog that it is a boy.  Updates to prove me right or wrong when news is available!

Bill has had two surgeries and the events that brought us to the farm are a dim memory as sometimes things happen and then surgery and one can return to the career one loves...stay tuned for news on this as well.

Oh and so far two members of the Double Nickel have served in the armed forces. 

 Here they both are.
One was a wee bit young and the other my Bill as an MP.
The wee one all grown up.
On Wednesday the number will change and I will give an update after the officialness is all done.  
By the end of the month 50% of the Double Nickel of the family(before spouses and grands) will have served or be serving.   

This ends Part 1 of the It has almost been ten years series.
I am working on the rest of the series and of course the upcoming week lots of events or milestones are happening and I am going to post about.
Until then, 
Jen

No comments: