"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Friday, March 10, 2017

Once again it is the

Sabbath.  After this past week, we really are looking forward to the Sabbath.

2 comments:

russell1200 said...

By Sabbath, are you meaning Saturday or Sunday? The earliest Christians still had Sabbath on Saturday, but a couple centuries later started celebrating the seventh day on Sunday: the day the Lord had risen from the dead.

This was a bigger issue in the day, and is one of the areas that Christianity distinguished itself from earlier Jewish practice. Today of course, most Christians don't realize that the Sunday is technically not the Sabbath.

For more: https://www.gci.org/law/sabbath/hanson

Humble wife said...

By Sabbath I mean the seventh day. As the day God defined is not the way we define, I will say Friday at sunset until Saturday evening at sunset. I will not go into a long post here, but let me say this, in the past decade I have had a major study and realized what early Christians did and what Christians do now seem to miss the mark on what the Bible says. In fact, we are to walk as Christ walked 1 John 2:3-6 and this means the Sabbath that God named~the seventh day. It is the only day named and the only day where every single person is given the same task-to rest.

I will try and visit the link, but I can say this, I rest in the Bible and seek the answers there. Early Christians that were Gentile converts and not those that were of the tribe of Judah worked hard to separate Christianity from the faith of the Jews(which is the Law of God). This is still very common today.

Thanks for asking this question and I think I need to share some of my posts about this again, as I haven't in awhile.