"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Monday, February 27, 2017

What?

I guess there was some mix up at the Academy Awards.  I was going to read the article and I realized I really don't even feel it is worth my time to learn what happened.  You see, I have had enough of Hollywood for a long time.  I have at times actually typed Hollowood as it is a place of nothingness filled with people that are paid to lie to us.  The better they lie, the more money they make.  We call it art and a skill and bow at their feet.  When one acts they are pretending. It is all fake and the narrative that is set for the viewer is by someone that has tons of money and a free platform.  The preaching has been coming from the Hollywood pulpit for a long time.

I am sitting here looking at my incredible mountain trying to put words how shocked I am at how much respect we give to those paid to lie~you know when the actor is at marches or campaigning or even making an informative we stand behind this cause or that cause.

Liars lie.  The line between reality for an actor and acting is a fine line.  To make a film believable the actor must immerse themselves in the character that they are portraying otherwise we, the viewer would not believe it.  Actors have pretend families to earn money to take care of their real families.  The have a movie/television spouse that they must love and be in love with, and a home spouse.  It must be incredibly hard to keep your head in reality when you are immersed in a fictional character's life for several seasons.

I don't want their influences in my life.  I remember a friend of Bill's telling us a story about how (as a deputy sheriff) he had pulled over an actor.  As he was asking for the actor's license the actor asked the deputy don't you know who I am?  I have always added a response that was different than the deputy's response (in my head), no, because every year you are someone new! 

My attitude towards actors and actresses is this:  I know who they are therefore what comes out of their mouths, what actions they make to sway me one way or another are all a con.  They remind me of gambling.  People love gambling while gambling, fantasizing about what they will buy with the riches they win but when the money runs out, regret sets in.  That is the movie situation, as we are hyped while buying the movie or sitting down in the theater and while the movie plays regret sets in.  Now regret is so quick because of the social awareness buttons I must be taught, about homosexuals, Muslims, how racists we all are, how horrible men are, and of course, the ever so horrible Christian.  I am DONE and I have been for a long time.  Thank you You*tube as I chose the things I wish to watch~families sharing recipes, gardeners sharing tips, people sharing the news without the big giant MSM to guide them, and you know the price.  Choice is a great thing in our country.  We need to allow our actions with our money to be our protest.  I have for a while and that is my protest.

 p.s. I didn't even need a safe space to do this!

5 comments:

Patti said...

I could not agree more!

Deanna Rabe said...

I completely agree with you!

I like to opt out of things that the world is focused on, and like you choose to fill my mind and heart with things that are honoring to the Lord.

Humble wife said...

Patti-thank you.

Deanna-yes, me too. We must stand for Truth and righteousness.

ProudHillbilly said...

And then Congress calls them to testify on some issue just because they are celebrities.

Movies are too expensive, anyway. And very often the best parts are in the preview and the movie itself is bleah. That's an advantage to streaming - if it's boring or offensive it can simply be turned off and you won't be left thinking at the end "That's two hours of my life I will never get back..."

Humble wife said...

Proud- crazy isn't it? We give them credit for lying and them expect them to testify under oath!!! And yep no more regrets about time wasted on a movie...no more!!