"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Tuesday Thoughts

It has been 12 years since Bill and I have had a land line.  This has proved to be an excellent thing as no more sales calls etc.

It is incredibly windy here today.  I can't see my mountain with all the White Sands blowing and the desert sands.

The tire garden is no more.
  Well it has been moved and not set up yet.  I am planning something a bit more quirky to match me...as if the tire garden wasn't quirky enough.

 I have had tires set up like these tires and I liked it
so I will do this again.

I also really like this.

And this!!

Oh and this too.  I am not the girliest of  girls but this makes me
smile!

I like this and would use it also for strawberries!

I have shared this one before, but boy oh boy it's cute.
My fear factor? Snakes hiding underneath.  Yep.
Snakes ~ ughhhhhh! 

I am still working on Bill's office. Here is something I am almost finished with:
I salvaged some wood from a project Third did for his garage.

I have the flag kind of finished but not mounted in the photo below.
I am still organizing and setting up.
Things go up then I move them to another place.
I am certain I am almost done though! 

This shelf still has some of the medals and such that I haven't organized yet.
The four frames were something I put together Sunday.
They were old canvases. I am a harsh critic so paintings often
are re-purposed. I just brushed a light coat of paint on the wooden canvas frame
after I cut the canvas off. 


Here is another grouping.  above the bookshelf.

And this one is fun in this edit color only for the Farmer and 
His wife art pieces in the backdrop(the other room).  I love
 the crazy (crazier eye) that the light reflected on my Bill. 

This was the first thing I made for Bill and it began the set up I am working on.
I still cannot believe we have never put any of Bill's stuff up before.  

As to some other thoughts: 
I made pie the other day. 
I know, I know, it is not my birthday.
Oh and to be honest, I did not make pie, Sara Lee did.  I just baked what was
prepared for me.  And boy it was yummy.  I did share as we had a full house
on Sunday.  Pregnant peeps and farm hand were granted a piece of the most
valuable of pie!

This is a photo from my craft room.
I think opening the thread drawer is always a bright
moment.  It is like a drawer of happiness.
Happiness is a choice by the way, and I choose
Happiness!
As you can see my thoughts are interwoven with visual aids.  I think in images I guess~or at least today I am thinking this way.
To those visiting the farm today, I wish you  a drawer of Happiness!
Jen

No comments: