"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Friday, February 17, 2017

Grocery Haul with Blooper

This time Bill and I went to Las Cruces, New Mexico for an appointment and then we drove over Transmountain to El Paso, Texas to pick up some groceries. 
Here are the fresh items.  The squash on the right ended up being $1 for each whether zucchini or crookneck.  I love sugar snap peas so Bill tossed them in the basket for me.   Blueberries and blackberries were on sale for 97 cents each limit 2 so I bought the limit of each.  Bill and I have been on an oatmeal kick so I thought I would try them in the oatmeal. Limes were very pricey at 4 for $1 so I only bought 4...Brussels Sprouts are and should always be in the grocery basket whenever I shop!

Here are the dry goods and juice.  I wanted to have corn on the shelf as I make a soup Bill grew up eating using corn, ground beef, tomatoes and potatoes.  The raisins are for the oatmeal binge Bill and I have been on as well as for the grands as I like to have little snacks for them. Let's see, Ken's is my favorite for salad dressing and I have some marinara sauce as I am making a bunch of lasagne to freeze. 
The sugars (powdered and granulated) are for cinnamon rolls.  I kind of make okay cinnamon rolls.  Bill happened to take two large pans to work a month or so ago and since then the other shifts have been wondering why they did not get them.  I will make two large pans on Sunday for Bill to deliver. 
Circus and fig cookies are for Bill.  Animal Crackers are for the grands.  Chips for Sunday get togethers-we usually have salsa and chips with whatever the meal is.  The oatmeal...sigh, yep.  I am not sure why in the past few years I have gone on these crazes of eating things.  I mean Brussels Sprouts and now oatmeal?!  Oh well.
and finally... a blooper photo
Here is my blurry hand and leg.  Not sure when I snapped this image but
a blooper is included today...because it captures an image ever so rare.
I am wearing socks!  Like the Loch Ness Monster, images of me in socks are 
so rare that one wonders if they are real.  Well Bill knows, but the world...only 
gets fuzzy, blurry images to authenticate this mystery.

* By the way, I didn't list all the items in the photos and I did not share images of the toilet paper, tissues, or Sara Lee pumpkin pie that I bought.  The pies were $1.99 each~it was like it was my birthday yesterday.  A Sara Lee pumpkin pie...I only bought two though. It's not a regret or anything not to have bought more.  Okay so it is a teeny tiny regret.  It seems to be growing as I type.  I think I am going to be making a pre birthday pumpkin pie sampler for February to remind me of my birthday cake pie in June.  I'm back~ lol, I had to turn the oven on to warm up to bake the pie.  

May you all have a super pumpkin pie day wherever you are.  As I enjoy my pie sampler I will think about my friends in blogity land!

5 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

It all looks so good. I would eat at your table anytime. But I will pass on the corn. Corn is a grain and I prefer to get my grain eating the oatmeal (grin).

Humble wife said...

DD- We would be honored to have you join us at the table! I am more of a green veggie lover so I would not miss the corn~at least not canned corn. Fresh corn on the cob grilled~now that is another story! :)

MammaBear said...

Love this post, Jen! I am usually found without shoes or socks. I get away with flip flops mostly. Your haul looks like ours except slightly smaller :) P.S. I started another blog. Hope to see you there!

ProudHillbilly said...

Fig Newtons - a favorite even though I have a passion for chocolate.

Them's good prices - way better than here.

Humble wife said...

Jennifer- I am cracking up. Slightly smaller!? I am certain with your gang of boys that it is a taddddddd bit more as well ;) Of course you are without socks and shoes~great minds right?

PH-Bill is a fan sooo so much as well. Our prices for produce are almost always pretty good because we live so close to where much of the produce comes from...but those darn limes~sigh!