"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Monday, December 19, 2016

Monday Monday

and some photos from about the house and farm.
Bill's clothes.  They hang above mine and as we catered this house
for the tall and not so tall~One size did not fit all so we have the tall
bar for Bill's clothes and the very short bar for my clothes.

This is part of a plaque my Bill received in 2000.  
I always find my Bill outstanding, but it has been nice over
the years to see that he has been recognized by his peers as well.
 


On the bookshelf.  I have done some serious editing of pretty 
much EVERYTHING we have.  The thrift store has been getting
a good amount from the farm in the past month.  I hope to finish 
by the end of the year...but I have been recovering from some
things and my time is depending on how I feel. 
 

Which is why I have been drawing doodling, as the work 
really takes my mind off of recovery and well pain.  From 
last post to this one, you can see I am still plugging away on 
this butterfly.  It is on 18x24 inch paper. 


Thought I would show you some fancy feet on the farm.  Two of
these feet loveeeeee Elk hooves and well one of these feet is  the hoof.
A member of the extended family shot an elk recently and shared 
not only the meat but the hooves with us.  It is pretty creepy to walk 
around the farm and see a hoof nibbled on or with the hair depending
on which hoof it is.  The snake dog loves to bury things so she
spends her days burying the hooves, while the other doggie-doos
spend their days digging, retrieving and gnawing on the hooves.

Well that is it for today.  It has been chilly here at night, and I know
for some readers you have been downright coooold.  Stay warm my friends.
Jen

No comments: