"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Thursday, December 29, 2016

I'm still in my pajamas

and it is 9:30ish in the morning.  Chances are great that I will not change until closer to 4 pm.  I am that way!

Lots of things going on here on the farm but it is time to recap a few things before the new year rolls in~this is part 1!!!

 First of all, both grandsons turned 1.  It is crazy how time keeps marching on.
I love this photo that Fourth took of Grand #2 

Here is Grand #1
This is exactly his personality!!

Let's see.  Bill went and visited his parents in Las Vegas as both are having health issues. 
Image may contain: 2 people 
Bill with his dad.

Image may contain: 2 people, beard, closeup and indoor 
Bill with his mom.
Then Bill's brother visited with his wife and their mom...

I was able to gather the family in one place~yay!

I did a four part seminar at a local church, TWICE.
Here are some of the boards from the seminars.

We finally finished the front porch!
I'll be doggoned if I don't have a finished photo with the new door.
Too lazy right now to walk about 20 feet to the door. That will be a new year's post!

We had a hail storm in May.
 
Bill and I teamed up and entered a horseshoe tournament.
It was a fundraiser and it was FUN! ps I am the one on the left
with the grayyyyy hair.
We added some geese to the farm.

and some more chickiedoodles.

I entered items once again in the county fair.

This preemie turned 21.  We weren't even sure she would survive 
the first day~thank God she is still with us and doing amazing.

We had rattlesnake giants...

a lot on the farm this summer.

and boy they wig me out...

We also had bull snakes...we even had to rescue one.
I had to touch it~me, I had to in order to cut that black 
plastic off of it.  I did not want to harm it even though 
it scared the living daylights out of me.  Bill held it so it
would not bite me, it may not have been poisonous but
it wanted to bite me.  UUGH!!!

Bill has a hammock and was able to spend time with 
Grands in it.

I finally made one of Bill's patch boards.

I made these shirts.

Which my daughters-in-law, daughter, son and grands wore.

I shared once again about my dad, who was killed
two months before I was born-in Vietnam.

I found this in the gravel.  It is worked with a tool, and I 
would guess was from a native person from the Tularosa basin.
I never received any response to emails I sent to local universities,
sharing this find.

Among many things, I painted this too, and it most
likely will end up in Germany, as I gave it to a new friend I made.

I drove this road many times as it is the road to the farm.

 We made a new trough for the sheep, out of a salvaged bench.
I love it...look closely!

My sister and her husband visited in August. 
Oh this guy made it to the farm fencing and freaked the dogs out.

 speaking of dogs~this pup was a new addition. His name
is Zephaniah and he is now the size of a horse~well almost!

Oh and we added a new person to the family:
Yay! Once again, Bill officiated!


And sadly we lost close friends
Clint Corvinus EOW September 2, 2016
Ryan Thomas EOW December 6, 2016.

It has been a good year and a sad year.  
Part 2 coming soon.




No comments: