"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

A window

to life on the farm.
I am the kindling peep.  The older I get the more I appreciate how easy
it is to build a fire when you have a good base of kindling.  If you are 
new to the farm, we heat our home exclusively with woodstove heat.
Yes, we live in the desert southwest but it does get cold at nights.
Last week we were in the 20s F at night.  

Henny Penny

My Bible Study from November.  I like to print the book that 
I am studying and so I can make notes right on the paper instead 
of my Bibles-which are pretty marked up as I might, slightly, use
them all the time.
 
Views to the mountains in the East.  I love how at differing seasons
and different times of the day how my view of the mountains changes.
 
The new flock as they rush out in the morning.  We do 
have this flock closed in each night and for good reason.
We have had a mountain lion in the area and what better 
meal than chickidoodles?  Well the fences, the dogs, and Bill
are also part of the plan to protect our critters, but I do like
to close them in each night.  I can count the chickies and 
check and make sure all are doing well.

During my blog break a former police officer from our community was
killed in a vehicle accident while on duty with his new department.  This has
been an emotional year for our officers.

Another side note, our community won the on line contest for the canine dog
and the dog will be in honor of Clint Corvinus the officer that was killed in 
September as Clint wanted to start a canine program with the city. 

Thanks for visiting the farm!
Jen

No comments: