"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Monday, November 21, 2016

The other day

my daughter and I went to Santa Fe for the Law Enforcement Graduation.  I always enjoy time with my daughter and now that she is older it is more of us enjoying each other instead of guiding and leading.

We had a 200plus mile road trip each way so we talked a lot.

At the graduation it was crowded and as people were filing in and about, I was cut off by several people.  I did what I usually do and then went with Fourth to our seats.  When we sat, Fourth said something to me that made me feel so good.  She said Mom, you are so nice it's like you are Canadian

Honestly, that statement made me feel so good.  Then when we came home and she retold the events of the day, and shared that I apologized and then moved out of the way for the group, the others somewhat laughed.  I confess, I do not seek approval or attention from any.  I try very hard not to be anything other than me.  At the graduation, we did not have a family member graduating, so I moved aside because, perhaps those that cut me off did and they were hurrying to get where they needed to be to see their loves. 

I am not on this planet to be the fastest, tallest, smartest, richest, or even the happiest.  I also know I am not on this planet to ruin another persons day.  I know I have and will in the future, but it is not a goal I set out to do. I would much rather allow another to get ahead of me and then I apologize.  This is sincerely who I am.  When I come home I am ever so fortunate to have this to look at:
with this man:
and we have the Fathers' Word:
So whatever happens away from my home is not troubling because I have safe arms to comfort me.


Please know I am not being insensitive by using a stereotype about Canadians.  I am going to share a few memes I found that made me smile and remind me of the stereotype and me:
I love how creative people are with memes. This is a cute one.

Oh and mean it.  

This is nice when someone else is so kind! Makes a good 
day even better!

I pick up items on the floor and put them back where 
they belong. I can't help myself, but I am thankful that
we have the variety of stores we have and this simple
measure keeps things nice.  I also return my shopping cart-
it is something important in an area that has such winds,
I don't want anyone's vehicle to get dented by the shopping
cart I used. 

4 comments:

Deanna Rabe said...

Yes! I I always try to be kind and even ask the cashiers etc, if they are having a good day.

Dizzy-Dick said...

If only everyone could be like you, what a great world this would be. Then, I guess, there would be no need for Heaven (grin).

Anonymous said...

When I am in local stores I too tend to straighten things as I look around. Takes a second. We think of the stores and restaurants etc we go to often as part of our family and want things to be nice for us and others.
They are like 'our'community'. I don't understand people that let their children roam the stores and touch and use things. People that open boxes and eat foods from the shelves. What would they think if I did that in their homes? I know the workers there are paid to tidy and such but I enjoy when looking at cards say to put the one I do not want back where it belongs and maybe several others too. I am standing there anyway. It is also a good mind workout...like matching cards we did as little kids! :-) It takes as much time to be nice in any situation a it is to be unkind. And it makes others feel comfortable and us feel good inside too.
We never leave the Father cause he is out there with us. .. always. Sarah

Humble wife said...

Deanna-I think it is so important to do this, thank you for being this way as well.

DD-not. I am far from anything other than a stay home housewife in the middle of nowhere just making sure that I do the best I can to leave things or people better than I found them. I am not the example but our Saviour is, and if we all would walk as he walked 1 JOhn we would live a more fulfilling life and if we accept Him have eternal life! Thanks though for the sweet comment ;)!

Sarah-what a brilliant way to see things, and I will look upon the stores etc, as an extension from now on. Thank you for sharing and I am glad you stopped by.