"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Friday, November 18, 2016

Busy

We have been busy and therefore the blog has been neglected.
Bill went to Las Vegas for training and was able to visit with his parents.
 His mom is still battling cancer.

His dad has health issues as well.
The trip was important because time is precious and we never know when we may not see one again that we love. Bill also met up with a few of his siblings.
This is his younger brother A and two of A's children.

Bill also spent time with an older sister.  
Meanwhile I was at home with the critters.  I worked here and there and chopped kindling and cut my finger~so glad I wear gloves as the gloves took the slice and I ended up with a knick.
I saw both grandsons.  Saw Second, Third, and Fourth.  Met up with First to give things to Bill from First and his wife.

Fourth and I went to Santa Fe, NM about 230 miles to the graduation of Class 193 Law Enforcement. Cheered for the city officer and the county officers!! We went to lunch and had a fantastic day getaway!

Bill is home.
We are prepping for Thanksgiving and the following Sunday I am hosting a wine glass painting party~you know where you paint on wine glasses for all of the women that have my last name and their mothers.  Lots to do from now to then.
Have a wonderful day!

The end of the busyness of the farm!

3 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Sounds like a busy and blessed time. so glad Bill got some time with family! Take care and blessed thanksgiving.

Dizzy-Dick said...

It is wonderful that both his parents are alive and we hope that their health improves and stays good. I got some bad news from my doctor, but will not dwell on that.

Humble wife said...

Michelle-thank youso much! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well!

DD-I just wrote your name down to keep you in my prayers. May you have a turn around in the news and remember that blogity prayers are being sent. xoxo