"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Before and Middle

I had a painting that I did not really like. It was a painting I did for an art class.
Here is a portion of the painting, as I am not even that content to share the painting.
White out~well with paint! 
 
A bit of New Mexico flag yellow.  Kind of.

Tape out the outline of New Mexico.
 
First layer of New Mexico painted.

And there you have it~the before and middle. Soon I will share the after.

Now on to a new category for the farm blog. I am going to share things that I learned recently. It is insane how very little I know and how much I desire to learn more.  This time I am sharing about a sport/dance called Chinlone.  It is the traditional sport of Myanmar (Burma). What I liked about the sport was that it was more about how beautifully you play the game.  That is most likely a female perspective.  It kind of looks like hacky sack from the images. Feel free to research about chinlone on your own to see images not only from today but the late 19th century.
Photo Credit Thomas Schoch Wikipedia article Chinlone

Do you try and learn new things and if so, what have you learned lately?

5 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

You are not the only blogger that I read that posted today about painting. About a year ago, I posted some of my paintings. Now you guys got me wanting to paint again. Keep up the good work.

Humble wife said...

I am off to check out your paintings!

Humble wife said...

DD-YOU are quite the artist. Perhaps some day I'll catch up to you!

Dizzy-Dick said...

My favorite painting is the old style hay shack in the field. When I was young, I remember seeing them all over the fields.

Humble wife said...

DD-I am one that loves so many styles of artwork I cannot lock into something I love the most. I do LOVE farm scenes and the old wooden bridges as I remember that from my childhood. Here I confess mountains take up much of my creativity!