"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Monday, August 1, 2016

The weekend

teased us with rain.
It smelled like rain, it looked like the rain was almost to the house, but no.
 
I canned watermelon.  Okay I did not can watermelon,
I put watermelon in canning jars.  I LOVE to eat the watermelon 
after it has been in the jar a day or so.  The bottom pieces
are so juicy and the watermelon juice is a reward for eating 
every piece to the end of the jar!
 
Oh and we integrated the flocks yesterday.  Brigham and 
his Brahmas are no longer alone and Brigham is definitely
showing his dislike.  All will be well in the time of adjustment.
As I type I realize all you see are the Brahmas.  Well 
imagine 17 miscellaneous chicks a few bantams the rest not~
weaving in and out of feathered legs!

That was the weekend minus a few other things.  We did the first part of the presentation on the feasts of the LORD, we saw all the kids.  Bill and a few of the kids and a helper worked on the coop expansion.  We had dinner with one of our son's~ in laws.  There you go, that is the weekend pretty much. 

4 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

Those are beautiful chickens. You can keep the watermelon. I just never acquired a taste for it. I can eat a small portion, but that is all.

Humble wife said...

DD-My earliest memories include a large watermelon being sliced and pieces handed out to my siblings and I. It is a comfort cooling food for me, but I can understand why it is a like it or not food. That is how I feel about cantaloupe.

debbieo said...

I'll have to try doing my watermelon that way. Sounds good.

Humble wife said...

Debbie-it isssssssssssssssssss!! I love the watermelon on the bottom seriously~they are very juicy and the liquid~yum!