"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Friday, August 12, 2016

Sneak peak

to some things for the County Fair.  It has been something I anticipate every year since we have moved to the farm.  This journey has not been an easy one.  To roll up our sleeves and live a completely different lifestyle than we were familiar with was incredibly hard and an emotional roller coaster.  The County Fair has been a place for me to share skills that I have learned over the year.  I am thankful that in a life that has transformed us, that I am able to share the ups I have had.

Since the children are on their own, I have had even more time to create more than needed foods and homespun crafts and have been able to create pieces to decorate the home.

Here is a sneak peak into some of the items I am going to enter this year.
Fruit Leather...it is a delightful leather and I love this flavor.
 
A bit of New Mexico in this one.
 
A bag to carry books.
 
Something to keep my hands cool near hot hot hot.
 
An old window brings the mountain home.

Road Runner run Wiley Coyote is on his way.

Dino dino dinos every so cute!

This is something recycled from last year.  Once was
bright orange, yellow, and green has taken on a new color.
 
This is another recycled project someone needed to
drink a wee bit of cervesa and I needed to drink a wee
bit of bottled soda.

I was inspired by marigolds for this piece.

My mountains on canvas this time.
 
Chalk pastel flowers with a frame made from old lattice.
 
Baaaaaa I have some wool.
 
This may be granola but it has a sneaky yum ingredient~pumpkin!
 
Pickled peppers with some dried strawberries.

Gourds painted like bowls. 

One more week to go before turning in the items for the fair~and I can't wait.  I know that I would not have been as creative or artistic had we not moved to the farm.  Both Bill and I were challenged to dig deep and make many things from nothing.  We learned how to look at things differently.  That is why the County Fair means so much to be.  I can share a bit of the journey and although most will never know the back story I know it.  

Thanks for visiting and having a sneak peek with me!

6 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

You have come up with some wonderful things my friend.

Humble wife said...

Aw thank you Michelle!

Anonymous said...

I love seeing what you make for the fair!
LizinNY

Lizzie said...

Love your creative and artistic ability! I have never entered a county fair or any type of fair. Maybe one day in the future I will move to a small town and be able to participate!

Anonymous said...

those are all very beautiful and the foods look very tasty! Our fair just ended and I thought of you as I viewed the open class exhibits.

I saw the most amazing woven basket...made from rolled up newspapers! So much talent that God has placed in us and I am very thankful that YOU shared yours with US!

Humble wife said...

Liz NY-thank you so much!

Lizzie~If you can move to a small area it is a wonderful unique life!

Anon-Aw what a neat thing, I am already contemplating a woven basket from newspaper. Thank you for your kind words btw, and now I am thinking, when have I last read a hard copy of a newspaper?