"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Friday, August 5, 2016

I have been

not posting my thoughts very much.  It seems as though I have lost my backbone.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  We live in very strange times.  People are offended by gender sorting bathrooms, pronouns, and if we suggest that Muslims do anything wrong.  People are offended if we say anything about homosexuals, people of color, or women.  People are offended if we want to identify all those that enter our borders.  People are offended if we ask someone for a photo ID before someone can vote.

Well I am offended too and I will tell you why.

1.  I am offended that truth no longer is truth.
2.  I am offended that right and wrong do not exist (well they do but not the true way).
3.  I am offended that marriage is whatever one decides it is.
4.  I am offended that abortion is the method STILL of birth control, even though many options are available and very inexpensive.    
5.  I am offended that men are treated as though they have no brains and without a woman would be bumbling around.
6.  I am offended that women that say that women are the same as men, dress so provocative and to be honest whorey, that their stance is offensive.  
7.  I am offended that a flag is offensive, even the American flag, but making people walking talking billboards is in style and vogue. (The tattoo is now more in than any other fashion item)
8.  I am offended that I am taxed for not having medical insurance BUT those that break the law when entering illegally are afforded benefits for free that I am penalized for not having.
9.  I am offended that God is offensive. 
10. I am offended that His Son is offensive.
11.  I am offended that law enforcement is being treated the way that they are-from the top of the government all the way down.  I can understand why criminals dislike law enforcement but our elected officials?
12.  I am offended that I am forced to stop EVERY SINGLE time I return from El Paso to identify if I am an American citizen seriously~read #8 once again as it does not matter.

That's 12 so I will stop.

Now to how I am and why I stopped writing so much about the events of the world.  Here is why I post the things I do.

1.  I know the Truth.  I do not say this proudly, but boldly and we offer a free Bible to anyone that wishes so they too can know Truth.
2.  I love my husband and cherish the union of marriage that the Creator ordained.  I pray each day to live the way He tells us to in the Word.
3.  I love being a woman.  This does not mean that I am frilly and dainty.  No, it means that I love being a woman.  I love that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalm 139:14
4.  I love that I am a mother, grandmother, and sister. 
5.  I am supportive of law enforcement.  For every story one can tell me about some bad cop, I can tell you hundreds of good stories.  But you see the good stories don't often make the news. 
6. I love America.  I could go on and on about America but I will not.  Times have changed for the younger generations and this is most likely now offensive to say.
7.  I love that in spite of everything going on, if I take a deep breath I can see the simple beauty in life, and I write about that. 

Well my list of the simple life could also go on and on.  Instead I will close with this:  perhaps those that visit the blog need a moment of fresh air because the world is so negative and consuming.  Perhaps, the simple life I live is something that people do not believe can exist anymore and visiting allows them to hope that someday they can live this way as well.  Perhaps people visit the blog for fuel to inspire them to NEVER live the way I do and it challenges them to work hard.

Whatever the reasons for you, the reader to visit, I pray that you understand that I share my life I do as this is who I am.  I seek the best in all.  I pray daily.  I love life and I am thankful for the very breath I take.  I am thankful to get older as many don't get this chance.  I am corny.  What you see on the blog is me in written form.  I am one that can no longer waste time standing against the current and instead will allow for my peace, comfort, and corniness to be how I battle the ways of the world and the negatives that are promoted.

Thank you for visiting.  Thank you for reading.  Thank you for your emails.  I am very thankful that each of you stops by.

Jennifer

8 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

You are a wonderful lady. I always enjoy reading your blog postings and feel uplifted from it. May God be with you and yours.

Tewshooz said...

Bravo!! Well said, and I agree with you whole heartedly. You speak the truth and I hope you always will. Thank you

Deanna Rabe said...

I agree with most everything on your lists!

Interesting times indeed! I am keeping my eyes on Jesus.

Amy said...

Encouraging, true words!! Thank you !!

Lizzie said...

Very well put Jen!

Humble wife said...

DD-Thank you for your kind comment!

Tew-thank you.

Deanna-yep, we need to keep our eyes on the Truth!

Amy-thank you!

Lizzie-Thank you!

Anonymous said...

It is so good to see that others understand that things are upside down now compared to how they used to be. Wrong is right and right is wrong...or so many say. Sometimes I wonder if I dreamed that things were not always this bad. I have even had young people tell me that my memories of growing up could not have been like I tell them they were. Nothing had ever been perfect but it sure was more moral and people had more manners. Now there does not seem to be any moral compass. Well we know WHO is the moral compass but many refuse to listen. That is so sad. I don't know where or how I would be without knowing He is still on the throne. Jody

Humble wife said...

Jody~amen. I would not have a clue myself. Thank you for your comment and may there be an awakening!