"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Monday, August 8, 2016

A window to

my world.
It rained yesterday.  Bill and I were attaching wire to the chicken 
coop.  The rain was sooooo cold beating down on us.
The puddle is something very rare on the Double Nickel.
The smell of rain is something I really cherish.  Growing up
back east, I never really thought about rain.  Now it is something
that I think about whenever I see a dark cloud.  Mostly the dark 
cloud wanders away for another day~for the facts-the average annual
rainfall in my area is 6".1
 
Chicks breaking bread. The more they eat together the less
bullying the bigger hens and rooster do to the smaller ones. 

Looking up from the food court of the hen pen. 
 
Some of the foods we have been eating this week.

The rosemary plant is doing great.  I have dried a good amount 
but it is so wonderful fresh!
 
 A bit more of the foods we have been eating.  I love onions and have 
shared that little trivia fact many times.  I have been drying 
onions and enjoying them as a chip style snack. 
As for the watermelon?  It is such a wonderful refreshing snack
after being outside any amount of time.

I made chicken stock the other day.  I save the peelings, ends
and otherwise wasted items of veggies and freeze them until I have
enough to make a batch of stock.  This time I had the carcass
of a whole chicken so I made chicken stock.
 
This is a very before photo of a recent project.  I will do 
a before and after post on this soon.

I am closing with this photo.  I am not giving up because I 
broke down and placed a potholder in the vehicle.  I feel like
I get second degree burns on my hands from the steering wheel.
Therefore 2016, I decided that if I use the potholder for the 
steering wheel that I should use it for the gate and not be so 
tough.  Yep, you are reading it here first~I am not so tough.

I offered the potholder to Bill the other day...I wish the 
world could have seen his expression.  Bill is and always 
will be tough~and that makes my heart smile!
 
1 Alamogordo, NM. usacitiesonline.com. Web. August 8, 2016

3 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Good idea that potholder! Love the chickies eating their vittles~!

Dizzy-Dick said...

That mitt is a great idea. Every day when I drive to the post office to get our mail, I can only hold the part of the steering wheel that was on the bottom when it was parked. Although it, too, is also quite warm.

Humble wife said...

Thank you Michelle- and my hand, especially my palm agrees!

DD-Yes, the steering wheel is something we all seem to allow to give us momentary pain~lol! Of course it does eventually cool off!