"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

My day so far

I woke up and Bill and I talked as we always do. We fed the critters then came in and as I was making Bill breakfast I found a lovely present from one of the kitties. Hmm a dead mouse. I know that a dead mouse is better than one running around but ugh! Anyhow I am not going to work outside and no it is not because of the near death attack with the mesquite ninja, but because I have to go to town.

Now this will be a great trip because I will see someone very tall. 

As I wrap up things in the house before I head to town, I am going to share a midway image of one of the projects I am working on.  It seems like I have about 3.7 million different projects going on at all times.  Maybe I am exaggerating maybe I am not...I have notebooks and such of all my ideas and I wake up at times with more. 

Here is the midway image:

I still am painting these and I was inspired by the painting style of Danita.
 
Here are the cans and I actually shared about these cans in this post here.

I have another random thing to mention.  I have four hanging plants on our porch.  The birds believed that the plant holder base -that weave grass thing-was for their nest, so they stripped the planters bare.  My flowers have all died.  Oh and we brushed Millie the other day and now two of the planters have Millie hair as well as other items being woven into nests.  Housing isn't always what is stereotypical and the birds are proving this.  We do have one large tree, four medium trees, and two small trees and four trees in pots almost ready to go in the ground, so its not like there isn't hospitality available.  If I factor in the mesquite trees they have literally thousands of places to nest.  Therefore I have decided that the birds like me and aspire to be my BFF, or even a lesser status of buddy.  I am certain photos will be coming in a future post.  For now, I suppose I better be off to get my day in full gear!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

What you did with those cans was very cute. Your artistic side was showing.

Humble wife said...

DD-Thank you, I promise they are in the process of something more~and I will reveal in an upcoming post!