"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Monday, July 11, 2016

I went on a ride-along

Friday night.  One thing I asked for as a gift for my birthday, was to go on a ride-along with my son, who is in law enforcement.

This is my son's office.  He picked me up around 7 pm and we headed to 
the department office.

 This shift had their briefing.
There are cookies, candy, treats and a meal remnant on the table
as the community really stepped up.  Every department in the community
was visited and foods, hugs and support.  A youth group
went to each department and prayed with the officers. 

I was even allowed to go to jail.  At the jail, I was given a tour~it was 2 am.


Around 3 am after a third arrest, several traffic stops, a noise disturbance, 
and one member of this shift heading south 70 miles to support 2 officers that 
were attacked and injured, the evening ended for me.  For this shift at least four 
more hours were left.  I am humbled by the men and women that stand and 
protect and serve.  I am amazed at how polite and respectful they are to people
and how many people actually received warnings, directions, or assists.  We traveled
a large portion of the area of the county, and I went to places I did not know existed.

Oh and yes, that tall handsome man on the back right is my Bill.  The one next to
my Bill is our oldest son, and the one on the left was a very nice young man.  

Please keep in perspective that the loudest voice isn't often representative of the total
group.  Yes, bad people are in EVERY walk of life, but the sheer numbers and data reveal
a very different narrative than what is being presented by the media, the elected, and those on the Left.

To my son, my husband and the others that serve in the humble area of the southwest that the Double Nickel is in, THANK YOU!  You are appreciated. 

2 comments:

sidetracksusie said...

Praying for law enforcement every day, in thoughts, words and song.

My cousin is HP in that part of the country. Another is an officer in Ohio.

May God keep them safe until He takes them home.

Humble wife said...

STS-if those that for the statistically majority stand in front of the people and serve us every day, become targets, we lose. We will no longer have those that will join the ranks to protect and serve our communities. I pray that we all wake up!