"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Monday, July 25, 2016

Every day I am taken captive by my

mountains. Every once in a while, we drive up to the mountains for a day trip.  This usually means we are gathering wood.

This was the view in the small clearing where we went today.


I walked all around this area.  It was so wonderful!

I gathered some things for the house!



I wore the most appropriate footwear possible~well they matched my shirt! 

We were off this road to 223 E.

I saw a time traveler had left their marking...2019! Okay it may be
2014 but it is not so clear- AND if you are going to carve on a tree~
well be exact! ;)

The area was lovely and I saw many pretty flowers here and there.

After we picnicked I walked about with Fourth and someone took a relaxing nap!
Thank you Fourth for your help~we could not have done this without you!

*I love rocks and the links reveal this quirk in more detail.

2 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

Love the pictures. I got a laugh out of you saying you wore those shoes because they matched your shirt. I wear either my brown shoes or my brown cowboy boots. Not much of choice, but I guess that is a man thing. (grin)

Humble wife said...

DD- Yep, Bill is like you and wears boots that are brown or black. No color coordinating and if I said that he matched his boots~he most certainly would look confused! I am somewhat a tomboy but still the line is clear on things like this!