"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Reasons for Power Outages in New Mexico~Photo

Photo credit: Weston Fralie
In case you were wondering where this happened~it was within close proximity of the farm.
For scale each side of the pole is about 3 1/2 feet. 

5 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

Did it survive? Since it wasn't grounded, how did it short out the power line?

Humble wife said...

DD- the power was turned off and the mountain lion was tranquilized and relocated to Ruidoso wilderness. The outage was man made due to the mountain lion BUT it was an outage! I am grateful that people did not intervene possibly causing the death of the mountain lion and instead they called the authorities who brought in NM fish and game.

Dizzy-Dick said...

Thanks for the additional information. Makes me feel better.

Dizzy-Dick said...

Glad to hear it ended that way.

Humble wife said...

DD-I don't think I could have shared this if they killed the mountain lion. I understand we cannot have them in our areas as they are wild predators. I think about the opening of the olympics and how they killed the jaguar (I think) as I only saw online. How horrible.

Anyhow, you are like me and the animal has value and we must not forget that and preserve them as we can.