"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Thursday, June 2, 2016

Jarritos

is a Mexican soda brand.
I usually drink about 4 of the mandarin flavored soda each month.  It is my sneaky delight when I grocery shop.  It costs $.67 per bottle.  I try and have one or two of the Mexican colas on hand for when one of the kids stops by as a sweet treat for them. 

Until I look at my pantry shelves or in the fridge I forget that food and drinks are regional and what is a choice food here may not even be heard of elsewhere.  Today I thought I would share a window to something in my corner of the world. 

If you have written about something or plan to on your blog,  feel free to share in the comments so we can come over and have a sneak peak into your corner!

2 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

I haven't had those soft drinks but I do purchase Mexican Coca Cola every time I see it. It is still made the way they used to make it, with real sugar, and it taste oh so good! You just made me remember that I am out of it and need to replenish my supply.

Humble wife said...

DD-I do like the Mexican Coca Cola as well. Our wal-mart sells it.