"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Monday, May 16, 2016

Zoo Two

Two months ago Bill, Fourth and I went to the El Paso, Texas zoo. Yesterday we went to Albuquerque, New Mexico to the zoo there.   We had a lovely time and I am going to share some of the critters we saw at the zoo.  The weather was lovely as was the company.

I am thankful to be able to see animals that I would never see otherwise.


Making a plan of attack sightseeing.   These two crack me up.

The flamingos were beautiful.  The one directly in the center was
talking to me the entire time I stood there!

The polar bear.  There were two I believe but one was on the waterfall
and we could not see him.  The one in the photo was sleeping up on
the rocks.

Trails with poo

Trails from tails and poo from the roo's!

Oh the giraffes.  We were quite close to them  and it was amazing!

This little one played with the barrel in the water and finally pushed
the barrel out and ran about playing with the barrel. 

Bill said he could ride a zebra.  So anyone that has a zebra and wishes
to donate it to the farm...

The rhino.  I loved this photo that was my first view of ever
of a rhino in such closeness.  

Hippos.  You can't really see them, because I was watching them 
for a while before I remembered the camera.  There was a baby
hippo in the water and it was  so interesting to watch. 

I came around the corner and saw this sign.  I snapped a photo of it.

The gorillas were so large!  I missed taking too many photos of them as
well, as I was watching them.  

The gorilla area was the most crowded(with people)
 and I wonder if the sign about the throwing things was 
the reason?!

The zoo was wonderful.  Not only did I enjoy the animals, but I loved watching the families with young children, and oh I loved how much thought and care went into the set up of the zoo.  Stay tuned to another post as to why I seemed to always make Bill turn around and wait a moment until I caught up!

No comments: