"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Zoo Inspiration Part 1

I was taken in by the thoughtfulness of the design and such of the zoo in Albuquerque.  The zoo is called the Rio Grande Zoo.  Below are a few of the photos that I took that gave me inspiration.
I have to hand it to you, the rest areas for weary zoo visitors were
lovely.  This one is of a Mexican theme but there were many styles.

Here is another and it made me think that we could do this around
the original tree of the farm.  When we moved to the farm
 it only had one tree on the property.  We now have 7 trees and 7
trees growing in pots to be transplanted some time in the future.

I enjoyed pretty much every where I looked. I have many ideas
for the farm from such simple touches that I saw.

I really like some of the boards with the information  about the
animals.  They weren't all the same. I liked this one and I am planning
a platter or something like it using this as inspiration.

I really liked this roof idea.  It really is a shade zone which is needed
in New Mexico.

I loved the bench. 
No, the other one, on the right.  I am thinking we are going to 
have a few like this near the farm firepit. 

I also loved the lanterns along the walkways.  
I enjoyed having the opportunity to see animals that I would never
see otherwise, but I also loved the attention to detail that those at the
zoo had when they were setting it up.  I have many more photos 
and will post more to remind me of the ideas I am planning about the
farm. 

No comments: