"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

The creation of the

Catio (trademark pending).

The hawks where I live love cats~as in to eat.   After a loss of a precious kitty a few years ago, I worked hard on making the cats indoor cats.  This works well as they keep the rodents away and even the bugs~as long as I am okay with picking up the moth body parts!

Well I makes me a wee bit sad that they cannot wander out and about, so I mentioned to Bill I wanted to make something for the kitties to have some outdoor time all the while safe from the hawks.

Last Sunday Bill and Fourth created the Catio!  Thanks to Second the name was given and the kitties now have a great outdoor space.   It is completely contained and the kitty door will fit right in the window(which is the final step). 

I am so glad that we did this!  Yesterday I heard a commotion and went and looked out the Catio window and saw the biggest hawk I have ever seen sitting on the wire roof.  Cat must be mighty tasty for a hawk to not only be this close to the house but remain as I stood at the window.   I actually had to go outside and shake my arms before it would fly away.   Oh poor tasty kitties.
 We have a few more things to do, as I said above we need to place the kitty door as well as adding more rocks around the base.

 The stump outside the Catio was one of the original thoughts for the ledges but Bill remembered he had the larger tree stump that we picked up from a neighbor.  Instead of firewood it became the base.

Kitty on the left Teegar, and kitty on the right Kitty (or Little One).  
 
For the record, there are many wild or feral cats in the canyon.  I kind of think that this is where the hawks gained their taste for kitties.  We have had many cats that adopted the farm as their home-base, so many in fact, we had to have the Cat Roundup of 2010!
 
And for unique stories for your day, you are welcome~I mean how many people do you know that have a Catio?  

No comments: