"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Pip

squeak.  Shorty.  Peanut and on and on.  As one that is not so tall, I have heard practically EVERY nickname one can come up with for a short person.  As a child in school, as lines were always from tallest to shortest, I was always last.  At graduation, I was last.  Being not so tall isn't a problem as it is all I know~but sometimes things crack me up so I thought using some memes I'd share a window to my world.
First off, 5'1" would be great! Second off, this is sooo
true.  I cannot see over  things or in crowds if I am not 
front I walk away as I won't see it anyhow.
 

Yep.
I have solved this problem by using grill pinchers to
reach the stuff at the bottom of the washer.   If I am lazy
I'll launch myself up like in this photo, but the older I get
the less I wish to launch like this!

Once again, Yep!
In the house before the farm, I would lift one
of the four on the counter top to reach items in
the cupboards.  By the farmhouse I decided no
more.  I removed ALL the cabinets as I cannot 
reach even the first shelf in them, so why have them?!?!

In the grocery, if Bill is not with me, I may end up 
waiting in an aisle until a tall person comes along.
To all of you that have reached something from 
an upper shelf in the stores for a short one...I thank you.
I hate asking but when I need something I ask!

Bill~You agree, right?
;)

Highlight on the not unusually. 
 

For me this is the pain that I get in my thigh.  Since
we have these on our trucks, I do forget at times and create
a bruise. 
Sigh.

Footstools are my favs and a funny thing happened to me at the DMV 
in a previous state.  I was told to read the vision chart and I told the clerk
I can't.  She asked me if my vision was okay.  I told her it was fine, but
I still could not read the chart.  She asked me why, and I told her I cannot
see it as it is above my head!  So in the DMV with the entire area filled,
she came around the counter with a milk crate and had me stand on it so I
could see the vision chart!  I have never had that happen before or after this,
and I laughed as hard as those waiting in the lobby!

The last photo is my favorite and to my law enforcement family:

This is how things would be if I ever donned the uniform. 

I'd be bold, yet one would still laugh. 

For the record~kitchen chairs, the average couch, and most toilets are too tall for me and my legs dangle.  If I visit your house and say I'll stand don't take it personal.  At home, I have what I call my little people chairs which we found at a yard sale. I think that they were formal living room chairs for children~but I LOVE THEM.  I also have my chairs at the table.  They are normal for me so my feet don't dangle. 

I am not a little person, but I am not close to the average height of women either.  I am in the no man zone of no official title yet obviously no title either.  Therefore my official title is Short to Bill's Tall.  

As a disclaimer: I mean no disrespect to someone that may take offense to something I have shared.  I am making light of my life and the humor I find in a world that is not often geared for me. 

2 comments:

ProudHillbilly said...

I'm also 5' 1". Chairs cut the circulation off in my feet because my short little legs just dangle.

Humble wife said...

PH- I sure understand you on that! LOL