"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Indiana Jones Jen

The other morning I was outside pulling a few weeds and noticed a funny rock among the gravel.  It was among the gravel but had a shape that was purposeful with the edges like a pottery piece.  I also noted the center which was filled with dirt(not like a gravel rock). 
I am not sure what it is.  We brought in a few trailer loads
of gravel to the farm when we moved here.  I found this little 
bowl(?)  in the area where we placed the gravel. I would
guess it was brought to the farm with the gravel.

It has an inner side that looks shaped by a tool and it is small.

The edges are like a piece of pottery from the native
populations but it is a carved rock and not pottery.

I am not sure what this item is or if it is anything of interest aside 
from the mind of a rock-hound in the middle of nowhere, 
but I thought I would share it on the blog in case any of you 
find this interesting.  Maybe someone has an idea what it is?

3 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Interesting find that!

ProudHillbilly said...

I'd be emailing college archaeology depts with pictures and descriptions.

Humble wife said...

Michelle-yes quite so!

PH-what a great idea!