"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Hope

The world seems hopeless yet I have hope.  Below are a few scriptures about hope to share why I have hope.


But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. 1 Thessalonians 5:8



In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began; Titus 1:2

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ. Titus 2:13

Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;1 Peter 1:3


Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. 1 Peter 1:21

Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope. Psalm 16:9



Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD. Psalm 31:24

And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee. Psalm 39:7

But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more.Psalm 71:14

That they might set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep his commandments: Psalm 78:7

Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word.  Psalm 119:114


 


2 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

Beautiful pictures to go with the beautiful scripture. Thanks for the inspiration.

Humble wife said...

DD- You are welcome. Some days after reading the news I need something to uplift and inspire. I am glad you were inspired as well.