"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Friday, May 27, 2016

Day in the Life 27,527

My day today.  It is pretty much an ordinary day in my life. 

I woke with Bill and we talked for a bit.  He was going to have breakfast in town, so I walked out and opened the gate for him and then went and talked with all the animals.  Bill had fed them before he left so I did not have to. 

I came inside and did the dishes and ate.  Guess what?  I have a new favorite breakfast!  I cook Brussels sprouts with diced onions and a diced corn tortilla.  I cook it in butter and salt.  I love this!
My day usually begins with a list of sorts.   I may not accomplish everything on my list and I may, it depends on the day. 
I actually did more than what I wrote down.  The only thing I did not accomplish on the list was bathing.  I will do this before I go to bed (maybe).
 
Instead of an hour by hour of the day, since you have seen the list, I thought I would share a few photos from around the house.

 This is in the second bathroom.  I salvaged the drawers from a dresser that lived a great life then decided to no longer work as a dresser.  I didn't do anything to them aside from having Bill hang them up over the toilet.  Easy storage space in a very small room!

An oil pastel I did that hangs by the treadmill.  I just realized that while I am walking I am tempting myself with bread and drink!
 
I did not make the bed completely after the nap I took today.  Val the silly kitty would not move so I folded the blanket off to the side.  Yes, she took a nap with me and yes I took  nap!

 Butterfly marker drawing hanging in the laundry room.

The cookbooks~the New Cook Book and the not so New Cook Book. The cookbook on the right is from 1963.


 The beef pot pies I made today for the freezer lunches.  I also made stuffed mini peppers.

Repopulating the house plant supply.  These plants are in the front room.  I need to transplant those in the containers on the front left. 
 
 See my work gloves?  They are the small ones in the middle!

 Still working on this rock garden. I am going to spray it with something to kill the pokey weeds~which are the only things that will grow on this north side.

 Occupied.  Birds have returned to the largest tree we have on the property~the non producing Mulberry tree.  I think I saw five nests up there.

I have created a rock display.  I mean why not?  Of course it is not in the main area of the house and it is for me~the crazy rock person~but I do like rocks, and many of these rocks are fossils. 

Well that is a window to my world on an average day in my life.  

3 comments:

kymber said...

hey Spicy! ya know - i think one of the reasons i like you so much is how kooky you are! and i mean that in the best way possible!!! i am really loving all of your paintings/drawings...it really brings out your creative side....like making a shelf out of a drawer! your food always looks terrific and i love brussel sprouts, too! it seems to me that you are in the time of your life when you can really become yourself - you are still a wonderful wife, an excellent mother and grandmother...but now you have "you" time and it is showing. i am glad that you are taking your bible study so seriously. it is refreshing in this day and age.

try spraying the weeds with vinegar. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. but at least it's not a chemical right?

sending much love to all of you....which now numbers 217 at last count? bahahahahahah! your friend,
kymber

Dizzy-Dick said...

You seem to have quite a good life. Enjoy!!!

Humble wife said...

Kymber-Vinegar! I was trying to remember what I had used before! Thankyou for your sweet comment and I do not take being kooky as bad. I know I am different than mainstream lol. You are right that I have time to take time for things I did not have time for before. I am thankful that I am able to do things I never did before such as painting. I am extremely thankful that I have the time and means to study the Bible...and I am grateful to have such bloggity besties that make life spicier and sweeter as well!!
xoxoxxo

DD-Thank you and believe me I am appreciative of the simple life I have.I also wanted to thankyou for your kind comments and always being so uplifting...you are so appreciated!