"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Monday, May 2, 2016

Chickidoodles

are really nice to have on a small farm.  They love bugs and getting in to everything.  I often think that they are a good deal like having a two year old around.  If I am wandering around the chickies follow me.  If I am sitting on the porch, the chickies want to come up on the porch.
Henny Penny Tracks
If we fill the waters or water anything, they are inspecting and looking for bugs as they waddle in the water.  I give them slops (table scraps) pretty much every day as we have onion skins, banana peels, and such that they delight in.
I also love the chickie baths.  Often I see the quail dusting with the chickies and I smile, as it has taken several years to get the number of quail to the farm.  Bill and I have enjoyed watching the quail families that live here and when we feed the chickens, the quail line up to the scratch patch as well.  

Although we do not have the large number of chickens that we had in years past, I think that as long as Bill and I are able, we will have the chickidoodles to live on the farm with us.

3 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I have always loved chickens and enjoy watching them.

ProudHillbilly said...

If I needed any more pets I'd have chickens. I so love having them around.

Humble wife said...

Michelle-Yep, me too!!

PH-lol something about them that gets ya!