"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Thursday, May 19, 2016

A Project a Day

I have a personal challenge of trying to complete a project a day.  Sometimes I end up doing two one day and none the next but my goal is to have completed 7 projects a week minimum.   My projects can include a Bible study presentation to a rock garden, or an art project.  I have accepted that each day is a building of skills for the next day and as long as I am on this earth I can work on increasing the skills I have.

Here is today's project:
The drawing on a canvas with the beginnings of 
the under color. 

The under colors painted on.

Beginning to add more colors.

My pencil drawing that I am trying to paint.   I've 
added a neckline and shoulders to a dress. 

Getting closer to finishing.  

And here she is.  I have decided that she looks
like a carving of a woman that you see on the front of a boat. 

That is my project today.  It is hard at times to look at the project
and second guess or wish I could do this or that better.  Instead, 
I try and appreciate that the time I took to do this project was 
my time to be quiet and reflective.

*Ignore the time and date stamp on the photos.  I can't change it on the camera so it is off time and date!

2 comments:

Deanna Rabe said...

I like it! You are very talented!

Humble wife said...

Thanks Deanna~I am not sure I am really talented BUT I do enjoy creating things!