"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

I found a book

I liked so much I bought it for both grandsons.
It is called No Matter What by Debi Gliori.
That little one with the chubby hands is grandson
#2.  The book is so sweet and loving and reminded
me of The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown.
 
Here's my copy of The Runaway Bunny.  As you can
see it has been read and handled a good deal.  In fact,
on the far bottom left you can see a sticker of sorts.
It is a book that was in our homeschool one project
 was to create a library for our many books!!

Here's the back of The Runaway Bunny.  I kept many
of the favorites that the kids had.  As time passes,
I have been trying to buy each of them a set of the books
from their childhood that we all loved.  The most
recent book I bought was Shel Silverstein Where 
the Sidewalk Ends. 

3 comments:

kymber said...

Dear Sweet NM Spicy Friend - don't forget "oh! the places you'll go" and "the lorax'...my 2 favourite books by Dr. Seuss.

"oh! h\the places you'll go" taught me very early that there are strange and ugly places that you will encounter and have to get through...but it mostly taught me about the "waiting place" and how hard the waiting place was. but it also taught me perseverance and making sure that no matter what - i moved forward. i love that book!

"the lorax" taught me my love for nature. "i am the lorax, i speak for the trees"! i am no eco-terrorist or anything - but it taught me that we must respect mother earth, created by Our Lord, and we must protect her.

i am so glad that you are building up resources for your grandchildren to learn from. and it makes me so happy that you and Bill are so young...your grandchildren will have you both for most of their adult lives.

i send much love, as always, to the DN crew! your friend,
kymber

Dizzy-Dick said...

It is great that young children learn to like books.

Humble wife said...

(((((Kymber)))) I do love a few Dr. Seuss Books and they became favorites. One is The King, the Mice, and the Cheese...and it is a well read hard back book. We had the Lorax but it was not a favorite, and I do appreciate your thoughts on respecting the earth, but the book didn't get the read over and over muster in the goof troop, but the grands already have several books~because one baby shower-on lieu of cards the request was to bring a child's book! Brilliant isn't it??? I love your visits and comments and send love and hugs up north~~~
xoxxoxo
Jen

DD-I agree !!!!