"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Friday, April 22, 2016

A window

to things about the house.
This is in the room that I keep all of my crafts.
I added the quotes around my drawing because I
think that art allows for some to reveal a bit more
of who they are.
 
This is also in my craft room.  I have been
entering items into the county fair since
the very first year we moved to the farm.
I enter items that I have made over the past
year.  I try each year to learn new things 
for myself and it is of these items that I enter.
 

On my fridge.  
The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost
and Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ
which strengtheneth me.

Drying Buffalo Gourds.  
They grow in the wild and
are the very reason Bill and I found this house in the 
middle of nowhere.  Perhaps I have shared it before,
if not I will save how the Buffalo Gourd brought
us to the farm!
These will be transformed into this, that, and the 
other...once I figure out this, that, and the other.
 

Some of Bill's hats, and ties.  This is pretty much my 
view looking up!

A work in progress. 
 A chair that has a twin, that I
bought used and they need recovered.  I have almost
finished this chair.  I am using denim. I need to make
a seat cushion and double the seams. 
It is me in a chair. I live seeing what I can make
from the old or cast offs.  Another day, another
post, as my childhood created a broken me...and
I became the me I am because Bill saw something
more.  The Creator takes our brokenness and awaits
as that is when we are ready.

Ribbons from last year.  
These are also in the craft room.
In a way these silly ribbons remind me that even in
the midst of life changing events, such as an accident,
one can learn to become someone else.  On the path 
of changing, these little rewards remind me, that I am
okay.  (mind you I do appreciate that they are from a
small county in the middle of nowhere-and that they
are not a Nobel Peace Prize!!!)

The drawing on the top shelf in the front room.  My 
mother kept this and it was drawn by my brother UJ.
He did not want it nor any of the pictures that he made
that my mom kept.  I took them all.

Oh Pyrex.  
I have collected you for a long while, 
and now many people are collecting
 and you are not so easy
to find in the thrift stores.
By the way, the Pyrex is used EVERY single day
because I do not gather things to not use, but to use.

I did this painting a little while ago.  I love
marigolds and wanted to paint them. It is my
first attempt at creating a recognizable flower.
I like it!

FINALLY.  
I have had old frames from windows
for many years and I finally put this one to use.
I used white paint and watered it down to paint the
edges.  I cut up an old map for the background.
And the patches were from when Bill was a LEO.
Officers exchange patches when they go to training
or meet up.  This is one area of patches, and I need 
to finish the other display.
It takes time.
Now that the children are all moved out, I am 
transforming the front room into an area with
the computer and all the love me awards.  That is 
what Bill calls the certificates, medals, diplomas and
such that a person gathers in their lives.  Nothing
but paper and even though we are putting
them up we must remember that no one else
really cares so don't allow it to become something
that makes you too proud.
 

This is on a window in the house.  I love the wire 
beading.  I bought these because they were at a thrift
store but I have made many more that hang from several
other windows.

 Some drawings I was doodling the other day.  Drawing 
people realistically is something far from my reach at
this point.  The drawings are l-r First and his sweetie,
Third's Bride, Second's bride, and Fourth.   I drew 
them about a month ago and haven't tried to finish them.
I think that they are done until I practice more.

I will close with something corny as I am a corny person.
I love rocks.  
Bill brought me this rock.
Do you know what the bluish thing is in the rock?

2 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

I love that room of yours and all the things that are in it.

Humble wife said...

DD-oh you are soooo sweet! Thank you! :)