"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Today's Post is Brought to you by the Letter T

I haven't done a Today's Post is Brought to you by the Letter in a while, so here goes:

T for thorns.  They are everywhere on the farm and I 
have decided that to accept the beauty that we have

T for toilet paper holder~Farm style.
We needed a tp holder for the bathroom,
so I walked outside and gathered the essential
items: a stick, baling wire and well that is 
it.

T for tallest as in the tallest pistachio in the world!
T-for thanks to the lovely Fourth for being the human in
the photo;)!

T for (El) Taco Tote-our favorite fast food restaurant. 

T for Third. We are a few days from his birthday once again.

T for Time.  You have but a moment to spend time
with your children. Use it~in every way possible, 
games, reading, drives, dinners, laughter, work,
play and on and on.  This investment while the
family is growing pays off when they establish their
 own  families.

T for telephones like this.  We found this one a few
years ago at a gas station.  The following year it was gone.
Oh the memories of placing a collect call and saying
everything in the ten seconds the operator allowed you to
say your name..."Collect call from"- and I would say:
"Mom, the Game is over." And she would not accept,
because she knew it was time to come pick me up.
Oh those were the days!
 
T for tremendous views. 
The mountain and sky from my front porch. 

T for tasty.  Oh cucumbers, salt, New Mexico Chile
powder and fresh squeezed lime juice...you are a 
treat for the family!

T for tunnel.  When we head up the mountain
to Cloudcroft, we must pass through this
tunnel.  
That concludes the T post for the day and 
if you were counting~there were ten T things today!

5 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

Good post and yes, I had to go back and count them. . .

Deanna Rabe said...

Fun!

Humble wife said...

LOL DD! Thanks always for your visits and comments.

Deanna-thank you for your visits and comments as well!

Anonymous said...

This is a subject I do really want to learn about. I hope you can write more on this. If we are commanded to keep these feasts why aren't Christian's doing so? Where did we go wrong? Why is this not taught as part of learning what is a necessary part of being a Christian? I heard about this a little on another blog but they
did not elaborate and I need more help to understand it all. As Christians are we to celebrate them any differently? Many questions and I am a bit worried that we are not doing this as an ordinary part of our lives if God has desired us to do this. Jody

Humble wife said...

Jody- I am going to put a tab on the side bar compiling all the studies I have put on the blog, as I, like you had these questions and began to change my life.

Feel free to email me penofjen (at) yahoo (dot) com if you wish to learn more. Jennifer