"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Thursday Throwback

This is a photo from several years ago and I remember the moment
as if it were yesterday.  We went to the White Sands National Monument
and the kids were laying on one side of the blanket and Bill and I were
listening to them talk.  It was pretty neat to lay there and just listen
to the conversations between the goof troop.  I am smiling
at this very moment remembering this.  I love to go to the White
Sands and lay and think. It is so peaceful and quite. 

For those with small children or even teens...enjoy every moment
as time passes very quickly!

From the files of  We played games every Sunday!  I 
loved the Sunday afternoon gathering and playing of games.
This is a board game Monopoly style that I made in 2007.  
All the places are places that we have lived and 
where we were born.  It now hangs on the family room wall.

The table is a great place to sit around and learn so many skills:
manners, respect, how to lose, how to win, how to do neither all
with grace and dignity.  We also learned strategy, thinking skills, 
kindness, sweetness, and even darn stinkiness. Learning
how to play games with a crowd takes skill and finesse and I 
am glad that we made this a tradition.

Here is another from the White Sands.
It was an outtake for the annual family photo in 2006,
that I ended up loving and making that THE photo.


Here is the remake in 2012 and I am looking to
have a remake soon to fill in the gaps.  Perhaps in 
2018...every six years. 


The day Bill graduated from the academy (P.O.S.T).
I cannot understand the no smiles~it really was a FANTASTIC
DAY!

Oh and when we went on outings I would dress the boys alike.
In case one would get lost, I could reference the other two and 
say he looks like this just taller, or smaller. Thank God I never
had to implement that silly idea. 

Oh and Bill your 'stache looks wonderful!
This is the view from my back porch. Often times I share from the 
front and perhaps mislead readers from thinking that the back
is lacking. It is not!

And to close Thursday Throwback...a goat, a girl, and
her gear!
Fourth took a sewing class that required a project
and she made this summer dress.  The western 
embellishments made me smile.  The goat...
well she is like me and must always toss a bit of corniness into
any situation.  Oh and in case you wondered our little Billy ended 
up plopping poo moments after she set him down!!
The End!

2 comments:

kymber said...

i love these kinds of posts Spicy! it shows just how very much you love your family and how much they all love each other. i can't wait for the latest white sands pic, whenever it comes out! now off to check out your beautiful artwork!

sending much love to all of the DN crew as always! your friend,
kymber

Humble wife said...

Oh thank you Kymber! :)