"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Throwback Thursday~Fun on the Farm

It has really been a delight to raise the four that I often call the goof troop.  I won't say it has been easy because anyone that is a parent knows that raising children is hard and takes lots of love, time, and love oh and time.

What I have enjoyed and how they have earned the name the goof troop is how much my children love life and make everything enjoyable.  When we moved to the farm the work crew was entirely the family.  We did everything.  While in the midst of work the kids made it fun.
We salvaged tires for the raised tire bed gardens. 
The kids saw this an opportunity to move the tires while having
fun.  It made me queasy watching then...

and it kind of makes me queasy now. 
 
Living in the desert southwest has its own interesting things that we had to adapt to-and our first few years living here the only air conditioning we had was a very old and hardly running swamp cooler.
No worries, the kids filled the coolers with water
 and would sit in them.
When I went outside to see what they were doing
they told me that they were having 
cooler races.  Third won the first race,

and Fourth was in the lead for the second race. 

I am happy that the children~now all adults had the opportunity to see life and its hardships and also how to thrive while enduring.  It hasn't been an easy life but it has been the most amazing one and I love reminiscing about how the kids, when lemons came their way, they made salsa(the highest most bestest achievement ever-in my eyes:).  

To my First, Second, Third, and Fourth~and all the sweetie pies you have brought in to the family~thank you.  We appreciate so much that when we had to roll up our sleeves and adapt, that you four did as well, and that has made life all the better, because you all did it in a way that brought joy to times that were often filled with struggle. 
Dad and I love you so very much and we are thankful for each and every one of you!

2 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

Young people and very old people can always find interesting ways to entertain themselves. I know first hand, I was young once and now I am old.

Humble wife said...

DD-yep, I agree,and it saddens me when someone is bored and says that there is nothing to do. Creativity comes often when one must think~and even entertain.