"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Monday, March 7, 2016

The zoo was very

family friendly!

 I have a ton of photos but I will only share two in this post.  The El Paso Zoo really is a family friendly place!  The exhibits are well done for being a small zoo, and there is a good deal of information for the young and old alike to learn while enjoying the visit.

There were several places set up around the zoo with hands on activities. One had snake skins and a shell from a turtle and a zoo member was teaching children while allowing the children touch and feel each item.  Kids were excited and I was excited watching these little learning centers.

Another amazing this was this center park area!  This was a family friendly rest area so the children could play, climb and be children!  Parents could sit and watch and I also saw a family having a picnic that they brought from home!

Bill and I have taken the children to a few zoos when they were small, and not one zoo that we went to was as friendly to the children as the El Paso Zoo. I will say that the zoos we visited were nice but it does seem as if this zoo took a good deal of time to utilize a small space in a way to travel the world and learn about the animals, interact with hands on learning, and have areas to rest and play.

When we were nearly to the end of our zoo experience I saw a young family with three boys and I paused and watched as~

 the father took the boys into this children's water park area.  It is El Paso after all and year round temperatures are quite warm so a cooling off place is quite wonderful! I loved the way the boys skipped and played in the water area.  Before they began, I overheard the father telling the boys, hold on before we start, let me read the rules to the park~and I smiled!

The El Paso Zoo was a great getaway for Bill, Fourth, and I loved seeing how friendly it was to children that may never get any other opportunity to see these animals aside from this visit.

No comments: