"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

The White Sands

have been blowing like crazy and it is making things worse for the farmer and his wife.

I haven't posted a bit because I have been sick.  In fact, Bill has been sick as well.  Okay, the daughters-in-law have been sick too, and the grandsons, and Fourth.  It has been a rough several days.

Today I ventured out to the stores to get the needed supplies.  Juices and fresh veggies topped the list.  I feel like I have been in a cloud and I had to take my glasses off and put them on a good deal because my eyes are watering like crazy.

This weekend begins a three part seminar that we are teaching about the feasts of the LORD.  In addition to dragging from the plague the preparation must go on.

This weekend also will bring visitors from Utah and Nevada.  I am praying for safe travels and excited that the grandbabies will meet another great-grandparent!

After nearly seven months of no front porch and using only the back entrance, we also are closing in on the front porch being complete.  Last Sunday a work crew came out and even though Bill and I were slugs under the bug, the project must go on so we prepped food, drinks, and even had the bathroom ready in case any needed it.  I am really excited as the original front porch was not built very well and was in serious need of repair.  Instead of repairing we are replacing the porch and putting a roof on it.  It is going to be a benefit as the porch with roof will shade the front windows and keep much of the heat off of them.  In New Mexico this is important!

I also picked up five more pots to grow more herbs indoors. We are drastically changing things up on the farm and moving gardens, planning a large barn for horses and things of that nature so the gardens are changing.  I am going to grow a small amount of items this year and have my plants started indoors in plans of this mini garden! I am excited because we are adding to the green of the property and are going to have a front grassy area too. 

Hmm, what else?  I dropped and broke my phone and I am using a very old phone. It is okay and I suppose it will work and no need to replace it.

I have slept more in the past two weeks than I have in a long time. 
I am still tired.
My eyeballs hurt.

That is the graphic update of the events on the farm and because I found something that made me smile I will close with
How the world is from a person that struggles to reach the bottom of the pool even in the shallow end.

2 comments:

Glenn B said...

If you are not feeling better by now, I hope you all will be feeling better sooner than later.

All the best,
Glenn B

Humble wife said...

Glenn, thank you so much!