"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Monday, March 14, 2016

I've been under

the weather.  It has been a rough few days and I am thankful that I am feeling a wee bit better.  This post will be a simple post to share a few photos that I took at the zoo. 
In the gift shop were some creative art pieces that I loved.
I snapped a bunch of photos for ideas.
The above items are animals made out of
bottle caps and wire.  

I'm pretty sure that this is a giraffe made with paper mache
and a gourd. I love~love~love this!
Oh and I have many round gourds drying!

This giraffe was made out of flip-flops as the note
says. Pretty amazing!


In this photo I like the idea of the animal 
mask wall hanging.  I am pondering some 
ideas on what materials I am going to use!

Here are some more animals made from the bottle caps
 as well as some wire animals covered with fabric.
I confess I am hooked and love this creations.
 
Here is another giraffe. Oh how I love giraffes.
I love that inspiration for crafting is really from 
many items, even those that we may consider waste, such
as the bottle caps.  

I am still that little kid that collects random objects that seem amazing.  I cannot at times explain why I save a certain item, just that I do and that I personally find it interesting.  I have always been thrifty in this measure as I love to transform something that was once something else into something new.  That is why I loved these items in the gift shop and why I was so inspired.  I may never invent anything, but I am an innovator!

No comments: