"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Friday, March 4, 2016

I was sold the moment I saw

the mountains from the porch.  I never really considered the inside of our house until after I looked east and knew I wanted the place as the mountains really take my breath away.  (This was how I felt in 2007 when we *found* this run-down in need of attention place in the middle of nowhere!)
When we were in the middle of a project-I salvaged this board
and drew the mountain shape on the top and had my then 17 year old
Third, cut it out.  I wanted to create a piece of NM history for my 
home that shared without even saying, that for me~NM and all her
history begins with the majestic mountains in her borders. 

This timeline was an old board, paints, paper, permanent marker
and glue...with a bit of research from me to document each milestone.
I even added the year that the farm family arrived in NM, as that year
was the beginning of our reinventing ourselves from semi-suburbanites
to a farm family! 

I thought I would share some of my favorite photos of my mountain. 
At different times of the day, and times in the year, she looks
so different.
 
Sometimes it looks so green and misty.


 
 Other times the mountain and the sky complete each other in beauty.

 
  Mind you, we do have some incredible wind storms.


 
And the mountain sees snow every year...
 
 
even if we only see snow in the canyon every four or five years.

 
She is who I bid farewell to as I leave the farm gate.

Halo Brown is one of Fourth's pen names.
 And she wakes me each and every day.
I love the mountains.  I am thankful and think of the Creator and His
handiwork each and every time I look about the farm.


2 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

I love mountains and hills. There are none where I live now, but I spent the first part of my life in Pennsylvania and got to enjoy the Appalachian mountains there.

Humble wife said...

Oh DD-how beautiful! I love the Appalachian mountains!!