"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

A few things I have been working on

 First my mountains.  I am almost finished with this painting 
although in the photo, it still has a bit to go.


I found an artist named Robert Yackel and I really liked a
painting he called New Mexico Sunshine, so for practice
I painted this but changed some things from his original.
  Here is his website: Robert Yackel.

As I continue to practice and learn painting, I have discovered
that at times it is important to study those artists that inspire. 
One way I do this is to try and match the style or brush strokes.
The top is my painting but, Robert Yackel paints in a way I like.
 I do like a variety of artists and they do
influence how I see things.  Being me and living my life
 also grants my unique interpretation.

This is what I LOVE about creating things.  When I see
something created, I get a window to the artist/person.  I see
what they see as important. Some need new and top of the line
supplies, others need only their own minds and items about
 to transform their thoughts to what they are creating.

I have always been this way.  I love to make things.
I love to take things and re-purpose them.
I love to solve needs by making something instead of
buying it. My next project-well one of them is a biggie 
and I hope to finish in the next week or so to share~
It involves all those that are important to me.

4 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Lovely paintings!

Humble wife said...

Michelle-thankyou!

kymber said...

Spicy - you are really growing as an artist! i checked out Yackel's website and his paintings are very inspiring, and you can see his influence in your work! you can see the influence but your work has it's own special "je ne c'est quoi" to it - your own flavour. i am really glad that you have found another outlet for your creativity and i encourage you to keep learning and practicing and painting. i think your work is beautiful. and who knows? one day i will be able to brag down at the community centre that i have a painting from a famous artist. i'll brag - but their not too into art around here - bahahahah! but i'll brag and be very proud to have known you when you first came into your own as an artist. keep up the beautiful work. i can't wait to see the next piece!

sending much love to all of the DN crew as always! your friend,
kymber

Humble wife said...

Oh Kymber~I will never be a famous artist. I am but a housewife that LOVES to create. The folks in the community center are most likely much like Bill and I...and the only art I have aside from things I have made have come from yard sales or thrift stores. Oh and the stories I have about one little gem!!

XOXOXXOXXOX