"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

On the shelf

was the original title, but I ended up adding other photos so the new title is:
 Fossils~Fossils~and more Fossils.


These fossils are on the shelf above my desk. I love fossils and each of these rocks has a fossil(s) in/on them. I kind of wonder if the one in the back right has skin of a reptile fossilized.  I guess I better go snap a better photo for you to see~

Nope, the more I look at it, the more it looks like mesh. Perhaps it is some sort of a plant?


I have fossils all around the farm.  Pretty much all rocks on the farm minus the gravel have a fossil on them somewhere.


What's in the sink? Fossils being washed~yep, that's me!


  Every where you walk on the farm you will see fossils. 

 I began this interest of rocks when I was a child and have never lost my interest. 

This is the fossil in the first photo on the front left.  I found this when I was a little girl and every where I have lived it has been with me! I am smiling because of all the things that people find worth in and take with them...I find it in rocks! Poor Bill!

4 comments:

kymber said...

you and jambaloney are so alike! he loves fossils too!

me - i just like rocks. an old Mi'kmaq woman told me when i was a child that rocks hold memories. she told me that whenever you had an important memory that you had to go and find a rock and put that memory in your rock. back in the city my gorgeous house was filled with shelves of rocks.

here on the island - when i have a memory i need to keep - i just pick a rock up off the ground. i put my memory in it and then toss it on our beautiful land.

teehee. you are as wonky as i am. maybe that's why the friendship has lasted these many years.

sending love to you and all of the DN crew! your friend,
kymber
(oh and btw - i am not a robot - bahahahahhaah!)

Humble wife said...

Kymber! LOL of course you are not a robot~but perhaps rock collectors could pass as robots. I've never thought about that. Instead I will think of your comment and how lovely it is. What a neat thing to do and a special way to see and appreciate rocks! I love it!
Hugs to my bff fossil collecter Jam!
xoxxox from sunny and hot NM

Dizzy-Dick said...

Wow!! That is quite a collection. You say poor Bill because you have too many rocks. That brings back memories of the old Lucile Ball movie, The Long, Long Trailer. Did you ever see that one? If not, rent it. It is hilarious.

Humble wife said...

DD-Oh yes, I have seen the movie as I own it! Too funny and I most certainly see the meaning behind her gathering rocks every stop on her honeymoon!