"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Friday, January 8, 2016

This~that and living in New Mexico

 This image took me back  20 plus years
to a time when the goof troop were small.


That was what our mountains looked like
the other day.  No snow on the farm though.
 

Living in New Mexico has a host of 
explaining to do when speaking to someone from
one of the other 49.
 

I have had a conversation exactly like this one, 
all because I live in New Mexico.
 

Love my husband in his role of Papa. 
(This photo is added for my enjoyment!)

I made this pattern on the cooling rack
with the bread.  I used a pie pan to 
bake them and really liked how they
looked a bit like kidney beans!
 
Someone posted this on their face*book wall.
I am going to borrow a few ideas from this image.
That is the plan!

This was also shared on face*book.  I am going to 
have my handy dandy carpenter make a counter
like this for the bathrooms.
 

 
Living in New Mexico :)

Living in New Mexico is 
the most amazing of place in spite of some 
confusion.  

2 comments:

Michele McEntire said...

I knew New Mexico was in the U.S.A.. We went there a couple years ago for a wonderful vacation. ABQ and Santa Fe. Loved every minute of it. Hope to go back and enjoy some dry weather.

Humble wife said...

Michele-as a Texan you know the truth! lol, I grew up off Lake Erie in Ohio and it amazes me how the word New is missed! I hope you come back too, Cloudcroft is so lovely, the White Sands are stunning, and Ruidoso has the greatest little antique shops filled with what nots!!