"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Thursday, January 21, 2016

On the


~ceiling above the stove.  And yes, those are brooder 
lamps.  I really thought a lot about them when we 
were hatching chicks and knew I would use them in my 
kitchen makeover!
~wall in the laundry room.  I use the bent
grill tongs as my reachie things.  Yep. I use them
to grab things off the shelves above the washing 
machine.  I most likely will always be the person
that pauses before tossing something and ask myself
"Can I use this elsewhere?"  Oh and the meat 
tenderizer?  I use that to crush the ice when I want 
a cool drink!
~the bookshelf.  I love reading and here are some books
I have read many times.  You can tell that the Strong's 
concordance is a trusted friend that helps me in my Bible study.
~wall above my daughter's bedroom door. Although 
this room is now my craft room, I will leave trusty Caspian
above the door.  My mom did puzzles the last years of her life
and I brought home a few after she died. Fourth put this
puzzle together then glued it and put it on her wall.  I love
this as I imagine my mom touching and putting these pieces together 
then Fourth and it makes me smile.  It will remain above the 
door!
~the  hat rack. I do love Bill in 
Cowboy hats! 
~the top rack in the closet.   Yep, Bill's clothes
are on the top rack and mine are on the bottom
rack.
~on the floor in front of the clothes.  This
is what I use to hang up the clothes!
~on the floor by the front door.  Not that it matters
but the boots add an inch or two more to Bill's 
height.  I mean after 15 plus inches in height difference, 
what's another measly old inch?

~the bedroom wall.  This was the third painting
I have done on canvas. 
~the desk.  I have been spending a good deal of my 
time studying 'to shew thyself approved unto God,
a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,
rightly dividing the word of truth.  2 Timothy 2:15
~the unmade bed.  Val the silly grey kitty. 
 
That ends the On the...post!



3 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I love the brooder lights used like that. I like to reuse and repurpose too!

Michele McEntire said...

I have a reachie thing. It's a green spoon. We also have a stick. It's the end of a broom.....it has poked cats out from under beds, unclogged sweeper hoses, and bopped things out of trees. To tell the truth, the stick hasn't been very busy, lately.

Humble wife said...

Michelle OC-Yep, it is pretty neat to discover new purpose for old items isn't it?

Michele M-LOL, I use the broom to push things from the very top shelf and then the plan is to have it drop in the laundry basket...sometimes plans fail and I end up bonked!