"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Life

Yesterday was my grocery day.  I am not sure if I shared that our community has been booming and we now have an Albertsons and one of the other grocery stores had a major makeover.  In addition I heard we are also getting a Wal-Mart neighborhood store(or something like that).

For me, this means a great deal, because I can price shop as well as find the stores that provide the best products.  As I review this post it seems as if I am advertising for these stores.  I am not.  I am one that loves competition and the end result~a better choice for me, even if that includes stopping at all the stores.

It has been lovely here in southern New Mexico.  While I enjoy the sunshine, I am thinking about two of my sisters that live in the Jonas storm zone.  My thoughts and prayers go out to all those dealing with the storm. I also will share the suggestion I made to my younger sister: make snow angels, make a snow fort, have a snowball fight, go sledding, and have fun!! Instead of seeing the dread accept it for a moment and be young again!! 

Since I usually share photos of the traffic on my drive to town, I thought I would continue that because it was actually busier than usual!
The train was going by, there was a vehicle in the southbound lane as well as a truck ahead of me! I love the mountains and scenery when I drive to town and makes for a pleasant drive. 

 Side street view in Alamogordo. 



Heading east towards Albertsons. 

That was my day in town.  I say it was a great day, as I was able to restock my Brussels Sprouts which I am going to make as soon as I publish this post. 

No comments: